can I just download SP2 insted of updating my SP1? because when I click on the automatic updates all it tells me about is High priority Updates nothing about SP2 before it would tell me about SP2 and I would say no and WHY do I always get a stupid blue screen after I update my Windows it dumps the physical memory everytime I log in so I have to into safe mode and cancel it and again reboot and press F8 and choose restore to last point WHYYY??

after the original release of sp2 Windows stopped doing anything more then the routine High Priority updates of SP!. I found a program one time, looking for it again now, that actually told you what SP you had. When I did my last check before downloading sp2 I found that 15% of SP2 had already been put on my computer. Now if you want to keep your computer running smoothly wiht updates you have to download to sp2.

This also means that we are going to see a lot of people with sp1 coming into the forums for help because they have an illegal copy of xp. Figure in the next year and a half, if a user has sp1 then they have a pirated copy of xp or they don't think they can get hit with these crapware suppliers that are hitting us now.