G4 Tech Support

G4 down again? No... Not G4.

It's there for me.....Mmmmm. Another new setup I see. Maybe they'll get it right.

Must have hired Jeff and Matt to fix it.... LOL

G4's web team is seriously lacking in knowledge of forum software. Why they picked that crappy Jive junk beats the crap out of me. All they did was send us backward. I have reduced my time spent there quite a bit in the last year due to some of the members and poor function of the website.

G4's web team is seriously lacking in knowledge of forum software. Why they picked that crappy Jive junk beats the crap out of me. All they did was send us backward. I have reduced my time spent there quite a bit in the last year due to some of the members and poor function of the website.

How true !!

ive just come from there

ime on kubuntu

and ime afraid

g4 dosent give me any ogasms

the setup format is quite difficult to get round

and ime lost when looking for the old features

pete_c seems to be an authority

so ile wait to here from him

marty

Edited by martymas

I just went there and this is what I got:

HTTP STATUS 500 (whatever that means) Also Apache Tomcat/5.5.20. Have no clue what this means.

G4 Forums

Maybe some of you guru's will understand this???? Means nothing to me. :unsure:

Barb

UPDATE: It is now working, I hope this is not the finished product.

Edited by bar5
ive just come from there

ime on kubuntu

and ime afraid

g4 dosent give me any ogasms

the setup format is quite difficult to get round

and ime lost when looking for the old features

pete_c seems to be an authority

so ile wait to here from him

marty

Yeah, I've looked around there. Seems rather strange.

http://forums.g4tv.com/thread.jspa?threadID=124&tstart=0

2q1cw9u.jpg

Edited by sultan_emerr
The forums are no longer in Beta. Instead they are now totally messed up. Tech Support is missing August 30th. to September 2nd.

LMAO.......Jeff can do a complete transition in less than a day. Take a look at this. Unbelievable.

post-92-1188741962_thumb.jpg

... I can't get to the site :lol: ...

They screw things up so often I've learned when it's inaccessable to go to the main G4TV.COM page and select the forums from there.

That way you get whatever the "URL-of-the-day" for the forums might be.

The new software is the worst-worst-worst yet. I can't even post; it drops paragraphs, won't interpret code correctly, etc. Not to mention it looks ugly and unreadable.

Good for them. :wacko:

They fixed a lot of the bugs. You can now browse the forums without them locking up. The HTML and Wiki Markup work. There's still a few quirks but nothing major as far as function.

Now it's time to test just what I can get away with. :ph34r:

Heh, great only took an entire week... :lol:

B

They fixed a lot of the bugs. You can now browse the forums without them locking up. The HTML and Wiki Markup work. There's still a few quirks but nothing major as far as function.

Now it's time to test just what I can get away with. :ph34r:

Heh, great only took an entire week... :lol:

B

Maybe if they paid the web team more than minimum wage and gave them benefits..... LOL!

many of us have lost our post count

which is twice for me

ive been a member for 4 years and i have 159 posts

not bad for an old fella

marty

Marty,

I lost my count too however I suppose it doesn't matter much. I rarely post there at all anymore

and when I do get the time between school and work i'd much rather post here on BT or an automotive forum.

Hmmm, I haven't watched G4TV or been on there forums in forever (at least a year or more). Ever since they killed off all my favorite TTV shows, I have ignored them. Besides, the Discovery Channel and Comedy Central are far more entertaining (when I do watch TV. I mostly watch my fansubbed anime) and TennSpeed.net and Honda-Tech have become my favorite forums (and of course BT but I'm trying to point out my switch in primary interest from tech to auto). Man it's kinda hard to say but even Honda-Tech is more civilized than G4 (from what I remember).