The New Screensavers

the new screensavers debuts on september 7th ( i think most people already know this )...im just wondering what are some of your fav things about the old screensavers??

favourite moments, people, segments, and any input you have to reflect on the old episodes before the new ones begin

plz lets not turn this into a g4 bashing thread

i generally like the demonstrations, builds, etc.

i hated the guest "bit chat" or the in studio or satelite interviews, that went on, and on and on and on and on.......................get it?

like that (very smart, but boring) Dr. Mikacho(sp?)

or any author of a book......................BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liked dick debartolo (mad magazine) though.

I liked the shows that were more "Call-For-Help-ish". The ones where they took a lot of calls or answered a lot of emails were more helpful to me. I think that's why I like these forums so much is because it's like my own personal CFH or TSS show, but I can customize it how I want and make it go for more than 60 minutes. hehehe.... :) I like the evaluation segments where they compare different hardware or show solutions to problems you might run into. Mostly the stuff from when Leo & Patrick were hosting, cause that's when I started getting into watching it - about a year ago.

I'm not much of a fan of the Dark Tipper stuff (it's mostly pointless stuff, I think) or his creative ways to destroy data (like using liquid nitro??? Yeah, let me get my big Sam's Club size bottle out here...... :rolleyes: ). A few of the segments are interesting, but I hate waiting through them...Oh, and I am not much of a fan of Sarah's tips either, as they usually involve registry tweaks and I'm just one of those guys that likes to leave the registry be as much as possible. Besides, the tips are usually things I don't even want to do, soooooooooo.....

Guess that was more of a diatribe on the things I don't like...but there is still plenty there to like. I'm hoping the new host, Alex, is gonna be more like Leo in that wacky, goofy, but still hopped up about learning computers kind of way. Ehhh....probably won't happen, but I can hope.... :P

i like to leave the registry well enough alone as well, if it aint broke dont fix it (even though its windows so its bound to be broke at some point but we'll leave that for another time lol).

i got into TSS about a year ago also when i moved into a new appartment and got digital cable along with it...i only kept a few of the specialty channels including tech tv and watched religiously...i still watch the reruns and the canadian c4h but not too much else.

excited for the new show to start but will forever miss the old TSS...what can u do times change

The best of TTV and CFH was when they educated me and expanded my knowlede of the computer.

Not to proud to say, to this day, that's an ongoing process.

well said handplane!

TSS and C4H have helped and educated many people including myself

its an ongoing process for all of us

The best of TTV and CFH was when they educated me and expanded my knowlede of the computer.

well said handplane!

I really enjoy watching Yoshi's segments and when they have some really obscure stuff on. It's fun to learn new things.

well said handplane!

I really enjoy watching Yoshi's segments and when they have some really obscure stuff on. It's fun to learn new things.

Hear Hear! I hope it's close to the old show, don't expect it to be. But we can only hope.