Sign in to follow this  
coriell12277

Cant Delete Programs (solved)

i have windows 2000 an theres 2 programs i cant delete ... i go to add /remove programs an delete it from there but everything dose not delete i try to do it manualy but says it may be in use or running some one please help me take care of this problem thanx

i done went to safe mode an tryed that it has deleted from the add/remove programs BUT theres other files that need to be deleted also an they wont delete at all but ill try to go to safe mode again an go to files an folders an search for the folders again an try to delete it from there thats the only thing i aint tryed but ill be right back

Let us know which specific programs and folders you are having a problem with if safe mode does not solve the problem

It may be that there is an issue of a shared file/folder or one used by more than one application.

its tightvnc an logmein programs there remote programs i deleted them from add remove programs but theres still folders there an when i try to delete them it say it ma be in use or running i cant see how there running i dont even use them im trying to remove everything between these 2 programs an it not letting me do it

I use this program. Unlocker 1.8.5, Unlocker

It works to shut off those running processes and let you delete the folders and files.

Works like a charm for me.