Ive been trying for the past day to get a PHPBB forum to work with my Godaddy acount. I created a MYSQL 5.0 server as needed, upload the PHPBB files, and went to the install page. Everytime I try to install it I get:

The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose

Uhh... I chose MYSQL version 4/5, which is what is installed on the server!

Im not sure what to troubleshoot... Is this a problem with my settings, or should i contact Godaddy?

Im so confused, PHP is kicking my butt.

MAtt broke Besttechies and fixed it the same night, but I cant even set it up. LOL :(

Edited by Bubba Bob
Ive been trying for the past day to get a PHPBB forum to work with my Godaddy acount. I created a MYSQL 5.0 server as needed, upload the PHPBB files, and went to the install page. Everytime I try to install it I get:
The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose

Uhh... I chose MYSQL version 4/5, which is what is installed on the server!

Im not sure what to troubleshoot... Is this a problem with my settings, or should i contact Godaddy?

Im so confused, PHP is kicking my butt.

MAtt broke Besttechies and fixed it the same night, but I cant even set it up. LOL :(

PHPBB is using a version of PHP that doesn't use the same commands as MySQL 5.0. In order to use the board you should use MySQL 4.1.2 stable. 5.0 is still unstable and is known to crash some php programs.

SMF is a good board also, that what I use at my forums. If you click on my link in my signature you will be able to visit the forums and see what SMF looks like. It's easy to install mods, you can change themes/skins and you can even get Tinyportal as a front page. This will give you an easy integration of your website to the forums.

you can check out tinyportal at http://www.tinyportal.familjegodis.se/ this is a temporary location as they are moving to new servers starting today.

You can get SMF from http://www.simplemachines.org/

I got WebWiz installed and working. Im not really satisfied with it though... It just doesnt feel like my site...

Looking at your website, I like how you still have the menu bar at the top. Same with Besttechie. How is this done?

Thanks for teh help Dragon :)

Edited by Bubba Bob