I've been learning Linux on and off again over the past couple of months. After months of installing and uninstalling different Linux Distros on my Windows PC I decided to just build a Linux box out old PC parts. Now that I have build it, I want to be able to use both without the hassle of changing cables each time I want to switch. My choices are to use a second old monitor (which there is no room on my small desk) or get a KVM Switch. I don't know too much about which ones are good and the ones to stay away from.

This is what I've been told I need: 2 port, with USB and Audio connections. My keyboard and mouse are both USB (unsure on the audio for me, but). Through my work I can get a discount on a Belkin Flip http://www.belkin.com/flip/

Is this a good one or is there a better one?

Also, I'm trying to not spend a lot of money

It appears the Flip has a model that will fit your PS2/USB and audio needs. I have always use a Belkin E Series KVM and have no complaints at all. With the three year warranty and discount, I can't see how you can go wrong with the Flip.

I'm having 2 problems with my new KVM Switch.

1) The KVM has VGA plugs and so do both video cards and the monitor. I've been using DVI from my main PC to the monitor. When I switched out the DVI for the VGA, my windows box looks bad (even with changing the resolution). Would one of those DVI( to VGA adapter thingys help?

2) After I hooked up everything and even after I disconnected everything the double left click quit working on my mouse. Any ideas?

I'm having 2 problems with my new KVM Switch.

1) The KVM has VGA plugs and so do both video cards and the monitor. I've been using DVI from my main PC to the monitor. When I switched out the DVI for the VGA, my windows box looks bad (even with changing the resolution). Would one of those DVI( to VGA adapter thingys help?

2) After I hooked up everything and even after I disconnected everything the double left click quit working on my mouse. Any ideas?

Once the signal is downgraded to VGA from DVI you can't recover the quality by converting back.