Which Website to you Like Better?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Option One
    • Option Two

Alright, I need yalls opinion. I have two websites. I designed one, and a friend of a friend did the other. A couple people like one and a couple like the other... I need yalls expert internet usage opinion!!

The first page is the only one that matters, and content doesnt matter. Just look at the layout/themes. Please give both pages a look over, then vote, then tell me why you chose what you chose.

Thanks Team!

Option One:

http://divingnutz.com/

Option Two:

http://stuffucanuse.com/dive-site/index.html

Thanks for the input!

Dragon, the info doesnt matter right now. That was just written as filler.

Can you explain what you mean by "user friendly"? And, also, what you look for in a website that would make is user freindly? I dont want a website that isnt user friendly, however, I feel im partly blinded since Ive been working on these I know where everything is at... Know what I mean?

Edited by Bubba Bob

that is exactly it Arachnid. On the average, for user friendly websites, you want to think like someone with A.D.D. If they can't scan the page and find exactly what they are looking for in the first 10 seconds then you have lost that visitor as well as 20 to 30 others.

It's just like retail sales. For every 1 customer that has a bad experience you lose 10. However, to regain the revenue that you lost from those 10 customers, you have to give outstanding service to 30 customers.

Can you explain what you mean by "user friendly"? And, also, what you look for in a website that would make is user freindly? I dont want a website that isnt user friendly, however, I feel im partly blinded since Ive been working on these I know where everything is at... Know what I mean?

easiest way to explain it is like this. on the second one the Navigation is plainly visible. It is in it's own layer on the site, whereas in the first one, I had to look around for the navigation bar. It wasn't in plain site, actually I had to go to it a third time while posting this response to even see that it had one.

2nd off, in the one I chose, even though it's just filler for the content, you pointed out specific info by highlighting the main break point of the layer. (who are the diving nutz? - talk to the diving nutz in the forum - our equipment) on the other page the only reason I would know of the forum is from seeing the forum link (after I found the nav bar).

last but not least, the color combination of the first site is horrendous to say the least. You don't put bright colors like that red with a dark blue like that unless you want to scare away your visitors the minute they log in. When I opened that first site, I did a quick glance just to close out the browser window, With the second one, you used a nice cool blues, with appropriate toned yellow. I had no problem looking around on that site for a while. It didn't hurt my eyes.

Hope this info helps, if you need more tips just ask.

Thanks dragon.

You're right about the colors for sure. I just uploaded that site yesturday, and Ive been trying to figure out why I dont like the coloring since. It's just too much. Kinda like having the color adjust on the telelvision adjust way too high.

Unfourtunalty I saved the header as a Jpeg before I saved it as a photoshop doc., so I lost the layers :(

I think what Ill do is change the background color for starts... maybe a nice sandy tan. Thats always easy on the eyes. Then change the red dive flag buttons to something else. Not sure what, yet. That will get rid of a lot fo harshnes I hope.

After I unploaded the site, I had originally wanted to get rid of the logo thats at teh right of the header, but like i siad I lost the photoshop layers. Itll probably worth it to re-do it I guess.

Wont be using the second one. Had a "tiff" with the designer... Oh well. I liked that one as well. Although, the navigation bar looked like it was thrown in as an after thought.

I re-did the header. Took out the logo so there'd be less clutter. Changed the colors around a bit. I think its more pleasing to the eyes. What do yall think?

Edited by Bubba Bob

Personally I would go with black text instead of the yellow like you have for the main content. I will also check and see what templates I have that might work out for that site.

Personally I would go with black text instead of the yellow like you have for the main content. I will also check and see what templates I have that might work out for that site.

Find a template? Come right out and say it then, I have no web designing skills!! :unsure::D

heh, really though, Ive searched for a good template but cant find one I like.

Yes, I plan to change the text color, and re-align the links. I just havent gotten around to it yet.

Edited by Bubba Bob

I wasn't insinuating that :P

Actually I think you are doing a great job. This isn't something you can turn your computer on one day and say "that'll do donkey, that'll do." Web design has some artistic side to it, where the designer needs to spend a little time figuring out the layout he/she wants to make so that it is easily user friendly as well as aesthetically pleasing and easily indexed.

I have a template that is right up the alley for this project, right now I'm working out some bugs in it. First time I have ran into a template that works in IE but not FF.