Hi, Beluga. (For some reason, that's my favorite of what you go by.) I was just wondering...Is there any way to add some way of saving a thread on this site so you don't have to search around for it? You are probably familiar with the computing.net site? On that site you click a "track this message" button and it stores the thread for ya? Just wondering if it would be possible to do something like that here. If it's already been done here and I've missed it, would you point me in the right direction to find it? (Thanks)

And...may I add...Thanks for putting this whole thing together. It's got a lot of the good old Tech TV people and it looks great! Impressive! Hopefully, I won't have to ask for help for my computer, but if I DO have to, this will be a wonderful place to come for help (and handy tips too). Again, thanks!

jlwohac:

I'm not B, but I can answer your question - hopefully no one minds me stepping in here.... :unsure:

Much like the computing.net site you mention, there's a "track this message" option on this site as well. It's right up near the top at the first message in the thread and says: Track this topic. I'm using it, myself. I'm also using the My Assistant feature which I like quite a bit...very handy to see when there are new postings and when there are new replies to threads I started.

Hope this helps...

I've only been here a few minutes & I like it more and more! I'm sure that eventually there will be a thread pinned to the top, with all the newbie introduction info. I.e. I wouldn't have clicked on My Assistant yet, and was wondering how to find my posts.

Beluga, I hope you're having a whale of a time building this place for all of us.

I'm a big fan of the click and explore method to learning what does what on a website. Most things will give you a warning if you're going to do anything that will seriously mess with your account or anything like that anyway. It's a great way to learn stuff. Kamikaze style!!! :P

I'm a big fan of the click and explore method to learning what does what on a website. Most things will give you a warning if you're going to do anything that will seriously mess with your account or anything like that anyway. It's a great way to learn stuff. Kamikaze style!!! :P

I've been doing that too. The more I use this site the better I like it. Haven't blown up my comp yet or commited hari kiri Everything I have tried seems pretty intuitive making it easy to use

Great job B

JD

• 3 weeks later...
I've only been here a few minutes & I like it more and more! I'm sure that eventually there will be a thread pinned to the top, with all the newbie introduction info. I.e. I wouldn't have clicked on My Assistant yet, and was wondering how to find my posts.

Beluga, I hope you're having a whale of a time building this place for all of us.

One can also find all the posts for any user by clicking their name at the top left above their avatar. This will take one to their user info page. Now near the top, under the user's name, is an option for Find all posts by this member.