connection

problem as im on line with all other

connections

and i uninstalled 2-3 times but get the same message

when i installed the old version all was ok

i would like to get use new one working as ima

fan on new inovations

marty

Howdy Marty, from what i understand theres a bug in the installer so here 2 ways that should get it to work properly.

1. One method involves registering the Visual Basic Script runtime which will permit the installer to work correctly. The other method involves installing in "passive" mode which will bypass the portions of the installer that are causing the error.

First method:

To register the Visual Basic Script runtime:

Go to Start -> Run, type the following command and hit Enter.

regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll

You should a prompt that says "DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded."

Now you can try running the aaw2007.exe installer again and you shouldn't get the Fatal Error message again.

2. This is proably the simplest if you know how to change the directory. To install in "passive mode":

Either run the command "aaw2007.exe /passive" on Start -> Run, or from command prompt. Make sure you change the directory to where the aaw2007.exe resides.

Passive installation mode will bypass all questions during installation, hence, bypassing the part of the installer that are causing the error. Please take note that if you're using the passive mode to install Ad-Aware 2007, make sure you've closed all your running programs and also save any documents that you're typing. This is because IF the installer requires a restart, it will automatically restart without asking for your permission.

I like the first one best, seems how some are getting it to work. Hope it works.

Stay Safe Marty

Chuck