I Did Something Stupid This Morning

I was walking around downstairs in my house and slammed my little toe into this metal post on the side of our old baby carrier that is sitting there in the hallway. Just got back from the hospital, the toe is broken, it'll be taped up for the next 6 weeks. Stupid. :blink:

My toe is feeling better now that it is taped up, I'm just limping a bit.

I must be the most impatient SOB on the planet. It drove me crazy waiting at the hospital to see a Doctor:-)

Thanks for the well wishes, guys:-) My wife asked me why I walked into it ( like I did it deliberately, lol) :D

Howdy hitest, that really hurts. But how many times have you walked by that carrier and said "i should put that out of the way !!", Remember no soccer with the family either !

I was walking around downstairs in my house and slammed my little toe into this metal post on the side of our old baby carrier that is sitting there in the hallway. Just got back from the hospital, the toe is broken, it'll be taped up for the next 6 weeks. Stupid. :blink:

Hit it with a hammer, if that does not work get a bigger hammer; if it breaks it was probably defective and should have been replaced anyhow.

My OL does stuff like that all to often; missed the step on the front porch and broke three bones in her foot.

I always wear shoes when outside, and at least solid soled slippers when inside. I also learned a long time ago to shuffle when it is dark not walk fast without looking.

Get some Doctors Best Strontium Bone Builder , it will make the bone mend in half the time and make is stronger than before.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...d=2478&at=0

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...d=8006&at=0

Strontium is a naturally occurring mineral present in water and food. Trace amounts of strontium are found in the human skeleton. Strontium has an affinity for bone and is taken up at the bone matrix crystal surface. The influence of strontium on bone metabolism has been researched since the 1950's. Studies indicate that strontium positively affects bone metabolism to promote bone formation and decrease bone resorption, leading to normalized bone density.

Co Enzyme Q-10 also speeds up the healing process, and make sure to get adequate vitamin c, d an zinc.

Atleast you were calm about it, something like that would've got the best of my temper. I'd thrown that damn baby carriage halfway across the room, then commenced the beat the hell out of it.

But hey if you have a few beers you won't even remember your toe hurts, just be like honey I need some of the medicine could you get me a beer.

Atleast you were calm about it, something like that would've got the best of my temper. I'd thrown that damn baby carriage halfway across the room, then commenced the beat the hell out of it.

But hey if you have a few beers you won't even remember your toe hurts, just be like honey I need some of the medicine could you get me a beer.

Heh, I was more angry and embarrassed by my lapse in attention:-)

Agreed. A few beers sounds like a plan to me, man:-)

And next time remember you only need medical treatment for a BIG toe (that one is casted), all the others just need buddywrapping and ibuprophen :thumbsup:

Son Aron has broken more toes playing soccer....and walking into things :rolleyes:

In a couple weeks you won't even know you broke it, unless you stub it again

Feel better soon!!!

Liz

And next time remember you only need medical treatment for a BIG toe (that one is casted), all the others just need buddywrapping and ibuprophen :thumbsup:

Son Aron has broken more toes playing soccer....and walking into things :rolleyes:

Feel better soon!!!

Liz

Heh, the ER Doctor looked mildly bored when I came in and taped me up.

Thanks Liz, I'm sure it will be fine in a few weeks.

... My wife asked me why I walked into it ... :D

Did you give her this look?:

:blink:

Hope ya heal up real good.

Heh-heh, I think it was this look. :blush:

Thanks, JDoors, I'm feeling better today. :)

I could just imagine the pain of re stubbing it a week later :wacko:

edit added later//

I just walked into something and the words muttered under my breath "damn it hitest"

Edited by shanenin

I could just imagine the pain of re stubbing it a week later :wacko:

edit added later//

I just walked into something and the words muttered under my breath "damn it hitest"

Sorry you walked into something, shanenin. The hitest curse strikes again. :D

Oh yeah, I'm very aware of this toe right now and am navigating my surroundings with care. I don't want to know what whacking this toe again feels like. :unsure: