I'm looking into buying a new PC and need assistance in picking out a Case and Power Supply.

I don't want to spend too much on it, and don't need any cool lights or crap like that - just simple without being cramped.

I've picked out an ATX mobo and am planning on an 8800GTX - Q6600 - and Raid HD setup - would 500Watts be enough or should I go for more?

IMO this case made by Chieftec is about the best out there. It's a good size case, not cramped, very expandable, no lights or fancy crap, and is well made. Plus, virtually everybody has bought it and rebranded it, so you can find a good price on it. Ive purchased a couple Antec labeled ones over the years because I like there power supplies.

Every computer shop Ive been in liked these cases and I sure dont blame them.

Apevia (Formerly known as Aspire) cases are great. I have an older X-Plorer Case that's still branded Aspire. I got it just before they switched names. Many of their cases are still flashy though. They make good, solid cases and many like the X-Navigator have plenty of room. I'd search newegg and pick some of the good ones out but something is wrong with their site and its giving 0 results on any search.