I know by the names here that just about everyone here has one. But I just got 6 more invites. If there is anyone here that would like one, or has a friend who would. PM me the usual info. (first and last name, and e-mail addy).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advertisement?

I hope it's not taken that way. There are some people who would like them.

But if B. thinks it is, he can remove this post. I was just being nice.

I don't view it as an advertisement - it's in the right part of the forum (the "Open" area), and it isn't promoting a site per se...I think it's kind of a special case in that you need an invite to go get one, and it's better than going onto eBay and paying $2 or whatever just to get one. Might as well help some fellow Techies out.... But, it's B's board, you're right JSKY...but I can't see him having a problem with it.

I know by the names here that just about everyone here has one. But I just got 6 more invites. If there is anyone here that would like one, or has a friend who would. PM me the usual info. (first and last name, and e-mail addy).

Nicely done!

I've got a Gmail account, but, don't have any invites now. That's exactly what I do when I have invites; I give them away freely. If and when I get some more invites I'll post here.

ha ha ha ha

yesterday some one posted and said the reason he came was to get away from the g-mail thing.now we are inundated withe dam things if any one was at c.f.h.we got warned about a g-mail scam.

so i avoided it i forgot about it until now.now we are going to have a g-mail forum

or are we

marty

Thanks JSKY,

Got the Gmail account this morning.

Hi,

At the risk of being accused of being a spammer here goes. I have 1 Gmail invite to give out if you want one; it's free. You can PM me your name and e-mail address or reply to this post.

hitest

(Besttechie member runs for cover fearing a flame thrower attack :D )

I don't see that it would be a scam on here...but, maybe I'm just naive.  :P  I agree with keeping it confined to one area...it's not too bad over on the Tech Support board at G4, but like every other post on the Screen Savers forum is about Gmail now...it's pretty funny/sad.  :lol:

What's even sadder is that I have noticed that its mostly newusers,who are asking for a gmail account, are doing so in their first ever post. I think people are just creating accounts at G4 just so they can recieve an invite, and never contribute again.So maybe the word has gotten out the the site is handing out invites like crazy, which leads into a free for all.

That is why I moved over here to give mine away, wanted some good members to be able to enjoy them. And I can tell by the names of who allready wanted one that they aren't newbies to the tech world.

And I still have 2 unclaimed, if anyone else needs one.

Amen to that JSKY - I hadn't noticed that new users were signing up just to get the invites until someone pointed it out over there on the boards and it ticked me off. I have some invitations, but I am not handing them out willy-nilly. But, if someone on here wanted one, I would give it up...so, I guess that's my invite too...if you need one PM me...but I'd imagine must of us have one by now.

That is why I moved over here to give mine away, wanted some good members to be able to enjoy them. And I can tell by the names of who allready wanted one that they aren't newbies to the tech world.

And I still have 2 unclaimed, if anyone else needs one.

And I have 4 to offer.

All gone.

im not privy to this g-mail.i know on c.f.h there was quite a big discussion.on it lots foe it and lots against it.my Q is what is the difference between it and any other email appli.

being invited to join does that put it in the exclusive range.that being invited is an old trick to make you feel wanted.

i agree with cow about advertisment.come on whats wrong with hot mail.outlook.pegusses.outlookexpress.ect you dont have to be invited to join them and they do the same sort of work.

not sure i agree with this ad thing.it just puts bestteche under more pressure

weather to accept these posts or not and right now we dont need that on the board.

marty

Well, I gave a couple away to our Men (and Woman) over seas in the gulf. They really enjoy gmail for the reason as being over there and only having limited time at the back lines to get e-mails from family and friends, That yahoo and hotmail,etc. run out of space real fast when everyone is sending pictures and long e-mails. with gmail they can get alot of mail and pictures.

Also gmail is good for storing files and other things on, you can archive things and use it as a personal library if you want.