I Had A "real Life Meeting"

With Bozodog! And was it ever fun! We yakked and we yakked and we yakked some more!(surprised???) Even though I was a bit worried that we already know so much about eachother from online yakking that we wouldn't have anything to talk about, nope....we yakked! And then we yakked some more! For about 3 hours straight!

And if it wasn't for BT's, which is where I originally met her, I wouldn't have had the pleasure to meet her and we would have never had a "meet up", so thank you Besttechie's! Can't wait until our paths cross again! And hoping that someday I can meet up with many other online friends!

Liz

With Bozodog! And was it ever fun! We yakked and we yakked and we yakked some more!(surprised???) Even though I was a bit worried that we already know so much about eachother from online yakking that we wouldn't have anything to talk about, nope....we yakked! And then we yakked some more! For about 3 hours straight!

And if it wasn't for BT's, which is where I originally met her, I wouldn't have had the pleasure to meet her and we would have never had a "meet up", so thank you Besttechie's! Can't wait until our paths cross again! And hoping that someday I can meet up with many other online friends!

Liz

That's great!

I oftened wondered about meeting online friends in real life. Of course it could be a double edged sword too.

Back in the REAL old days, way before the internet, (I was maybe 13 years old?) I started fooling around with CB radios. Well it was kind of like a very limited web, in the respect that you would talk locally to people that were "friends", but you didn't know.

Well I developed this great "long distance" relationship with a slightly older than me high school girl. Being that I was still in jr. high, I did not know here.

She had a little get together for a bunch of us CBers at her house, where we met for the first time.

I thought she was gorgeous.

She thought I was a dork.

DUMPED me like an old shoe.

Ah, the good old days. :unsure:

Edited by irregularjoe

I've met a lot of friends thanks to TennSpeed. One of my best friends I met on there. One day I made a post about something anime related and he sent me a PM askin sayin he a was a fan too and live in the same town. We met that night, drove around hung out with some people and went to another of his friend's house and watched anime all night and had a grand ole time.

I've also met a lot of TennSpeed members from buying and selling stuff. I now consider 2 of them good friends cause I sold one of them some doors and the other was his girlfriend who was also a member. We spent a lot of time talkin and havin a good time removing the doors from my old car and installing them on his car and just goofin a round for a bit.

There is another guy in neighboring town with a Civic hatch the same color as mine (it's rare to see 2 Midori hatches reside so close to each other) that I have talked to on Honda-Tech alot and he's a member of TennSpeed. Well we had known of each other for months and finally met recently. A few months ago I sold him some seats and we chatted for a while and my mechanic showeed up and chatted with us for a bit. A month or 2 later, I bought a gauge cluster from him and hung out and chatted with him at his house for a while...... I had the PT Cruiser that day. I had to drive that pile to meet him cause I couldn't change the mileage on my car cause he changed the mileage on the new cluster to match my car.

Recently I went to Import Alliance 2007 in Nashville. 2 days before I met another member to buy some sideskirts. Well, later online, we agreed to go to Import Alliance together since we lived only bout 20 minutes apart in neighboring towns and had no one else to go/park with. Well, while we were there, another member recognized our cars and brought his over and parked with us. Me him already being good online friends since we were the nerds of the place got along well. We had an audio competition and played guitar hero. Well, he wasn't the only one that joined me and my 2 friends. We had another member that joined us then 2 more. Finally we had one more member join us and we had a grand ole time. So a total of 8 members were parked together in 6 cars. After that me and my friend that rode with me (not to be the confused with my new friend that drove up there with me in his car, this particular friend has been a friend for about 6 years), the guy that had the audio competition with me and one other guy, all went to Krystal when the meet was over and ate together. That was a great day.

Meeting in real life is cool :thumbsup:

Meeting on-line friends is indeed c00l. I met Sweet Brit on-line and now we're married. Another on-line friend, Audrey, came and visited us from the UK. I had drinks with Drew, here in Kalamazoo and now Liz. There are many others I'd like to catch up with some day. It'll take some traveling, but thats c00l too.

Liz, I promise you'll meet the Sweet Brit next time.

Liz

That is neat Liz. What a great experience that must have been. I always wonder when ever we are talking to some one here, what do they look like, what are they like in real life, you know questions, questions etc. It was a little easier for you as you both live in Mich.

I'm a little skeptical, I guess because of the horror stories you hear about in the news about internet meetings etc. It is nice to see something good like your meeting up with Bozodog. Like Handplane says, maybe we could have a block party, haha. :lol: We do have some real nice people here. Thanks Jeff for having such a friendly place to come and chat. :thumbsup:

Good grief can you imagine the airline miles we all could rack up traveling. I think Marty is the farthest away in NZ. All our Canadian, UK, Ireland and all over the world friends too. WOW!!!

Barb :D

my goodness you all make me invious

all my surfing days wishing i could meet some of you

in particular from BTS

the closest i came to getting close to call fo help

presenters

was emailing a coupla presenters from techtv

and that went on for a year

i treasured those emails

as bar5 says

i live so far away from you lot

it would be difficult to achieve meeting some of you