A First For Me

I formally quit my job this morning. I have never quit a job without a comfirmation date to start the next. I have some very promising prospects, but not that comfirmation. I feel good/releived and excited to move on. My wife is nervous but releived also.

Anways with out going into detail like a soap opera that is what happened for me today.

M

I formally quit my job this morning. I have never quit a job without a comfirmation date to start the next. I have some very promising prospects, but not that comfirmation. I feel good/releived and excited to move on. My wife is nervous but releived also.

Anways with out going into detail like a soap opera that is what happened for me today.

M

Quitting a job is a scary thing sometimes, but I know that you will be OK - I wish you luck in whatever you wish to persue ;)

Brian

The first n5-10 minutes were tense then we talked like civil people. I gave everyone (3 people) in the office a hug and told them they can call me if there is anything I can do for them.

Added info:

Have another interview with an IT company close to home. Hoping to get a decent offer for salary. They have full insurance, boy will that be nice. Have not had health insurance since I had back surgery in '01.

M

Edited by mikex

We humans, like a good soup opera.

If I laid the whole story out, Jeff may have to get more server space. LOL

I had the second interview this afternoon. I was told I will get a call tomorrow with a salary offer.

Things are looking up.....

M

Desktop Support, Server support, and Networking mostly. I will need to learn servers. The company is outsourced IT for many small/medium sized business. Clients all along the Gulf Coast area. The company is also a Microsoft Partner. I will have the training tools available as needed.

M

Congrats, Mike! I, too once quit a job "on the spot" due to the Soap Opera work atmosphere (which would also break a server if I told the story!), and even though it wasn't in my nature to do that, it sure felt good :thumbsup:

Good luck with the new prospect! You'll do great!

Liz

I was not due to start work until Monday, I got a call last night to see if I can go to Dallas, TX for a training class on this Wednesday. I jumped on it. Hotel and class are paid for and I will be well reimbursed for the mileage.

I leave this afternoon to be back Wednesday night. It is about 6 hours from my home to Dallas. Guess I need to throw some mp3 cds in the truck for this trip.

It is all working out for the best. The wife may come, she is undecided. the kids are in their early teens so they can hang out at a friends house for a couple nights.

M

Good Luck. I know these are anxious times but it'll work out. The best thing that ever happened to me was losing a "secure" job. I just didn't know it at the time. It's so much better when you have a job you actually want to go to

Mark

Went in today to get hotel info for the training class, Came back with a laptop and an office.

Wife will get me the desk "stuff" every husband/father needs to have on his desk.

The laptop is running Vista Business with 512 ram. Oh well.

M

may be it will turn out better for you

i hope so

nothing worse than not having a job when you have a famliy to keep

ok i see where you have other prospects

hang in there and i hope it works out

marty

Edited by martymas