hi joe i emailed your post to a friend in florida

about your mountain bike

and this is the answer he emailed back

pity it wasent the same bastard who flogged your bike

marty

Florida's got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd!!!

As reported earlier this week, some dirtbag who got pulled over

in a routine traffic stop in Florida ended up 'executing' the

deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times,

including once behind his right ear at close range.

Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A statewide

manhunt ensued. The low-life was found hiding in a

wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the

guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County

Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel - 'That's all the bullets we had.'

(Talk about an all time classic answer!!!)

and here is another

jeez joe i hope this cheers you up

bill the guy who sent me these emails is a member of this board

and was a member of techtv

and many of us know him

as mr bill

Home invasion gone wrong for criminals.

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower a home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor, only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the

11-year-old's knee-crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

Later it was found out that Resindez was armed with a 45-caliber handgun that he stolen during another home-invasion robbery. The victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky as he died from stab wounds to the chest.

Had this happened in California, the ACLU would be out in force suing the 11-year-old girl. (Not to mention the LaRaza groups claiming she was discriminating.)

Nice Shootin', Patricia!

GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMMENDANT!

AMERICA - Love it, or Leave it !

The second tale is fabricated. ...

The posters on that board have come to that conclusion based on a paucity of evidence, not quite the same as stating matter-of-factly that it IS fabricated (though they make a good case).

Newspapers (at least the ones in non-liberal controlled areas) are full of stories where armed citizens defend themselves against criminal acts (often the mere presence of the firearm stopped a crime in its tracks).

I used to post the clippings (elsewhere) but there were SO many clippings that people who are against self-defense had to ignore them (or risk learning that firearms are frequently and successfully used in self-defense), while people who support self-defense never needed to read them in the first place.

Six more weeks (more or less, it takes effect on 01 Sept 2007) till the "Castle Doctrine" bill takes effect in Texas.

It basically you can shoot to maim, kill , or wound at your own discretion to protect your home, vehicle, place of work , and self and will not be prosecuted and cannot be sued for damages should the offender survive (or by relatives should you be merciful enough to kill them and not maim and cripple them instead by accident).

Currently there is a poor foreman for a gas pipeline laying company. He caught a heavy equipment operator drinking on the job, so he reprimanded him, told him not to let it happen again , sent him home and notified security not to let him back on the job site that day. When he got home from work, he found the guy , his brother, and a buddy waiting for him. They beat him severely and were planning on killing him (they were armed) , but he got to his gun and shot the employee dead. Police arrested him for murder, saying he should have run away and not gone home when he saw them waiting for him. Sure, a grand jury will probably no bill him saying it is self defense, but the police say they have to arrest everyone and let the courts sort it out.

Edited by Pete_C

ime interested to know why has american society gone like this

is it comptiveness

over crowding

or desperation

and what makes it more sad many on the board are calling for blood

even my self

maybe it is the animal in us

humunity has gone haywaire

and will get worse as we compete for resources

marty

is it comptiveness

over crowding

or desperation

even my self

marty

I've been cringing inside reading some of the recent posts myself... this being a more-or-less family oriented board and all. I will not contemn those who wish to perpetuate anger... I've repented a time or two or... on that note. This little hymn helps keep me in line:

"Lord, I Would Follow Thee" by Susan Evans McCloud

"Savior, may I learn to love thee,

Walk the path that thou hast shown,

Pause to help and lift another,

Finding strength beyond my own.

Savior, may I learn to love thee--

Lord, I would follow thee.

Who am I to judge another

When I walk imperfectly?

In the quiet heart is hidden

Sorrow that the eye can't see.

Who am I to judge another?

I would be my brother's keeper;

I would learn the healer's art.

To the wounded and the weary

I would show a gentle heart.

I would be my brother's keeper--

Savior, may I love my brother

As I know thou lovest me,

Find in thee my strength, my beacon,

For thy servant I would be.

Savior, may I love my brother--

Lord, I would follow thee."

Society will continue its slide as long as values deteriorate and fewer and fewer people stand up for them, be it the USA, NZ, UK, IR, ...

Joe, if you have your ears on (a figure of speech), I'm good for $10 USD to help towards your new bike, though I am a person of little means. Let me know.

:bobbynichols

is it comptiveness

over crowding

or desperation

even my self

marty

(Not going to excuse, as there is no excuse, those posts that threaten violence for petty crimes -- that's just wrong.)

Of course the "violence" in the U.S. has been examined over and over for ... forever. While every act of violence is, at best, unfortunate, there are far FAR worse countries where enormous acts of evil take place every single day at every level of society. Where women and children fear for their lives, where EVERY person is a potential victim of rape, torture and brutal death. In fifty-two years of life in the U.S. I have been punched once -- One act of random violence, and it wasn't life threatening. I have been robbed of "lunch money" and bullied as a kid, but there was only that one incidence of actual violence (which also occured when I was a kid).

There are many reasons for the amount of violence that DOES occur, and in my opinion it starts with poor parenting skills (though I don't know exactly why parents are unable to teach their kids to be "good"). Kids apparently are not taught proper values, they have no reason to fear doing whatever the heck they want to do. Too many parents are unwilling or unable to keep their kids in line, teachers have no authority to discipline for misbehavior, the number of kids who have no respect for the law is so enormous other authorities are overwhelmed (you can't jail everyone who breaks the law when EVERYONE is breaking the law). Then those kids get older ...

Next comes a lack of jobs for inner-city or poor suburban adolescents and young adults (the vast majority of "dangerous" neighborhoods are in the inner city or poor suburbs -- the rest of the country, and it's a BIG country, is about as peaceful as any other). But then, a lack of jobs is partly attributable to the poor upbringing mentioned earlier: Who wants to have a business in a neighborhood were violence is a way of life? No businesses, no jobs, no reason to take any responsibility for your life.

So politicians do what politicians do, they pass "feel good" laws, like making firearms illegal (as they are in nearly every inner-city), with absolutely predictible and disasterous results; Honest citizens who need to defend themselves and criminals alike turn to the black market for firearms (and, as with illegal drugs, this creates an underground "industry" -- and MORE violence ensues). So there's a downward spiral where violence begets restrictions which begets more violence and even more restrictions, and you wind up with entire neighborhoods that are war zones.

(There's tons more happening to cause this, but that's MY take on things.)

I could ramble on s'more if you like! :rolleyes:

thanks for the society anallisys

tho i agree with you

and tho ime not a religious person

we lost it when we stopped having some thing

sort of faith

and i still blame the competitor society

we are nutureing

like dog eat dog

it is so sad to see people like joe get hurt

by some low life

that probably will sell the dam bike

geez my blood is boiling

here in nz we havent come to that point quite yet

but it is getting there.

our police are going to be armed

which hasent happened before

other than the armed defenders squad

society is deteoriating

marty

Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County

Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel - 'That's all the bullets we had.'

That is an absolutely classic line, I love that one. LMAO :thumbsup:

is it comptiveness

over crowding

or desperation

even my self

marty

Well, here is my take on it.

First, government is no longer focused on serving the public. It is a bureaucracy bent on preserving itself and to do so it wants to appear efficient. Thus they tout that they are not raising taxes; but this means that services cannot be funded (which they explain that these are just liberal tax and spend programs which should never have been present).

Secondly, there is the economy. No it is not in the dumps, but the cost of living has been skyrocketing while for the poorer workers salaries have not. Gas costs more ( double what it was back in 2000 at least) milk is now routinely over $4 per gallon while six years ago it was common to find it for 99 cents per gallon. Sugar which I routinely bought for under 99cents for a five pound bag is now almost $2 for a four pounder. Meat too has jumped to several times its price of a few years back. The biggest impact is on "sale prices" which the poorer people rely upon. If you have money to burn, you can ignore sales sheets and do not mind if a steak costs $9.99 per pound; but if you are working class and shop for burger on sale, it is a big jump from finding it for 88 cents per pound somewhere almost every week to having the best price you can find being $1.99 and that only once a month. Even chicken leg quarters which were routinely 19 cents a pound are now routinely selling for 99 cents.

The third issue is related to the first. Instead of honesty and taxing fairly, the government institutes higher "fees" and "penalties" and "sin taxes" Here in Texas they instituted an extra dollar per pack (ten dollars per carton) tax on cigarettes to "fund schools" routinely a carton of cigarettes now costs around $40. (I hear that the Federal government wants to add another dollar per pack to help fund the Childrens Health Insurance Plan CHIP). Surcharges on drivers license renewals if you get a ticket for a moving violation make what is essential for many workers far more costly , and despite bans on "ticket quotas" many municipalities include the number of tickets and income from them in an officers performance review. Red light cameras are springing up left and right. When I pointed out to a city council person that the yellow lights on some were so short that if you entered the light on green and it turned yellow just after you cleared the stop line you could not physically get through before it turned red. I was told that they all conform to a standard (national) of one second for every ten MPH of speed limit; this is despite the fact that some are on intersections two lanes wide and others on ones seven or eight lanes. No differentiation is made for the number of lanes to cross, just the speed limit of the road. (No , I have not got a ticket myself ; I just feel that this is a stupid moneymaking scheme. If they want to cut down on red light runners and accidents, make the yellow long enough to get through the intersection safely and include a countdown to red timer) .

Fourth is the loss of low rent (low income) housing. While laudable in intention, efforts to combat slumlords made it so difficult for many landlords to keep costs down that they took the first offer to sell their property to developers who tore it down and put up high end condos or townhouses . Public housing has been driven by court battles and public pressure to build smaller complexes in more varied areas. This drives up the cost and hence decreases the availability just when it is needed most.

Finally I do agree that parenting skills are lacking as is education in civic responsibility and civil social behavior.

thanks pete all these answers i will take to a conference

next week

where we analyse human society

and its comlexitys

and pressures

the con ference is represented by people from over the world

and two of the main speakers are a prof himilton from

utah uni

so i intend to take your answers and show them what one part of the usa society

has theorys

im actually glad this thread cropped up

other than joe losing his bike

like some one else posted ime willing to contribute to another bike for joe

marty

Edited by martymas

Hey Guys, let's chill out here.

I really appreciate all your concerns and posts about my recent mountain bike loss. But it is just a bike. Not a human life.

I'm going to be more careful when I can affort to replace it. It WILL be coming in the house, no matter what the S.O. says.

And I am going to install a hell of a lot of security lighting and cameras if the weather ever gets to the point of being to be able to work outside again. It's been over 110 degrees for the past three weeks.

I'm still upset about the theft and do feel violated that some dirtbag actually came into my space. And I find myself checking out all the likely suspects if I see them riding a similar looking bike. But I realized that it's time to move on.

I'll let you know what I get and I'll post a pic of the new bike.

Thanks for all your support,

Joe

First time I had a car stolen, I spent hours with friends cruising the seamier parts of the city, checking out motel and apartment parking lots for it. It turned out to be a total waste of time. Finally, from what I later pieced together, the original thieves (who had probably been using it as a disposable vehicle for drug running or dealing ) parked it in a seedy neighborhood, and when some black kids started stripping it, gave the cops an anonymous tip as to its whereabouts.

Needless to say, the cops towed the now stripped car to the impound lot and notified me, but declined to try to arrest or prosecute any of the kids who had been stripping it. I had to pay towing, impound fees, and the cost of new wheels and tires (had mag rims ) , it only had one seat left, the torn up drivers seat, and they had let it run low on oil and water and the engine blew a couple months later.

I could relate other stories, but suffice it to say; I applaud your rational realization that it is time to put it behind you. I have found that dwelling on the loss, and the crime serves no good purpose. Just learn from the experience and get on with life.