This has been happening since I updated to Firefox 2.0 Sometimes out of the blue firefox just craps out in the middle of a session. Sometimes when I start it, it just shuts down giving me the error whether or not to report it to MS. I wonder if reinstalling FF would eliminate this issue. I really like FF and haven't touched IE for a long time.

on a side note:What is a great back up solution something along the lines of Norton Ghost?

Most of the time when this happens it is not firefox , it is one of the add-ons / extensions you have installed.

I would suggest going to tools/ add-ons and disable them all.

Then close and restart firefox (or you could just go to start/ programs / mozilla fire fox/ firefox safe mode - which will run it with the add-ons all disabled ) and see if this solves the problem.

If it does you can re enable the add-ons one at a time until you find the guilty culprit. It may take some time, if you have a lot of them.

Or go to tools/ add-ons / check for updates. It is probable that you have an add-on which is incompatible and when it gets used it crashes things. Updating could find the valid version or disable the bad one but do not count on it.

We use Acronis also, great imaging/backup utility. I had is image machines that Ghost could not.

Acronis Home Page

Also for your Firefox, I agree with Pete C, disable and re-enable to see if one is causing it. The more extensions you have installed not only slows your FF performance and startup but introduces more potential problems. I love FF and have quite a few extension, but I have 50% of them disabled when I don't need them. My favorite extension that I want to mention is FEBE. Firefox backup extension that is reliable and can be scheduled to backup whatever part of Firefox you want. This can be important because it allows you to reinstall FF and only restore the parts you want and not a whole profile.

Good luck.