Bike Thief......

Two nights ago some low life piece of crap climbed over my six foot concrete block fence and stole my mountain bike right out of my backyard.

The bike was a birthday gift from my S.O. last year. I rode it everywhere. With all the extra options I put on it, it was worth about $800. Of course the useless insurance policy has a $1000 deductible.

I am now planning to put up enough security lighting and cameras to resemble a nuclear power station.

Very disappointing! :angry:

my sympathies

they are around

shoot the b-----s

marty

Thanks for the sympathies Steamhead and Marty. I appreciate it.

I actually was going to sit out last night with an old .22 rifle, but calmed down a little later. Interestingly enough, the rifle was also outside, next to the bikes in an obvious rifle case. The moron didn't take it however.

My rage has subsided slightly over the past days, although I did drive down the alley behind my fence tonight and would have run over the sh$%head if they were back there again. And then backed over them. Three or four times.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

Motion-detection lights have already scared kids out of my yard at least once (and keep the deer at a distance too), I definitely recommend them.

And thanks for reminding me to turn them back on -- I turned 'em off when I was out back before the sun came up.

This what thieves see at my house

starindownthebarrel.jpg

Man I hope you find your bike and beat the $h!+ outta the guy that stole it.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm not that violent however.

I was thinking more on the lines of lowering him into a 55 gallon vat of battery acid. I probably could drown out the screams just by blasting an old Yoko Ono album on the stereo.

:thumbsup:

I have two sheds out back, they have been burgled a couple times. But what the fools do not know is that they are jammed full of total crap you couldn't sell at a yard sale and have sharp screws through the walls and floors at places you would not expect and probably would not notice by the light of a flashlight if they thought to bring one. That and sharp peices of scrap sheetmetal and broken mirrors and window panes stacked in between.

Both times about a third to half the stuff had been pulled out to see if there was anything of value or pawnable in there before they got cut up enough to call it quits. Had to hose things off before reloading.

Valuable stuff? Well locks can at best keep an honest man honest and slow a thief down so I put as many obstacles to easy removal as possible. Like I keep my bike inside and chained with a bike lock as well as locked to the eye bolt in the ceiling.

Computers and tvs in home made solid wood "mediacenters" which must be disassembled (at least a half hour with power tools) to remove them. My truck has an alarm as well as the club and a remote kill solenoid. My toolbox has two arbus disk locks on heavy duty hasps welded and bolted to it.

My OL calls this paranoid, but having been shot by a home invasion robber once, and had two cars stolen , had my tools stolen I consider it to be normal precautions for living in a city which was considered to have the highest crime rate in the nation until the Police decided to change reporting guidelines (like if there are five car burglaries reported in one apartment complexes they call it one crime, officers are instructed to put down the lesser of likely charges on a crime report or arrest report and let the DA worry about upgrading it since their initial reports are what is submitted, they make it so hard to report things like a car burglary that most people won't bother any more and they have "verified response" to alarms meaning they will not show up for a burglar alarm until the owner or authorized agent shows up and confirms that it is real and there is a burglar on the premises. ) .

... a city which was considered to have the highest crime rate in the nation until the Police decided to change reporting guidelines (like if there are five car burglaries reported in one apartment complexes they call it one crime, officers are instructed to put down the lesser of likely charges on a crime report ... they make it so hard to report things like a car burglary that most people won't bother any more ...

Grr. :angry2:

Unrelated to crime but in a similar vein, my town has way too many power outtages. What's a power company to do? Fix the problems? No, just change your policy so an "outtage" is only reported as one if it lasts for a half-hour or more. Problem solved! Now we only get an "official" power outtage once a year or less. What a great power company we have!

While in the REAL world the power goes out several times a month, sometimes three or more times in one day. <_<

Howdy, I too use JDoors quote below, but i went futher and connected it to a blasting cd player with Betoven on it, believe me it takes the buglars by suprise but i installed it because of the Grizzleys getting in the garbage cans, works really great they scoot when it plays. Haven't had any burglars that i know of.

Motion-detection lights have already scared kids out of my yard at least once (and keep the deer at a distance too), I definitely recommend them.

Hope you catch the thief joe !

Howdy, I too use JDoors quote below, but i went futher and connected it to a blasting cd player with Betoven on it, believe me it takes the buglars by suprise but i installed it because of the Grizzleys getting in the garbage cans, works really great they scoot when it plays. Haven't had any burglars that i know of.

Hope you catch the thief joe !

Sounds good, but how about some strobes and the theme music to "Who will stop the rain"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078490/

Complete with the M16 gunfire of course.

Side note; I knew someone who had their home burglar alarm, instead of beeping or setting off a siren to annoy neighbors, just played the sound of a glock pistol having a round chambered , followed by a mossberg 12 guage riot gun doing likewise, then a whispered voice says "Stay down and stay here, I don't want to shoot you by mistake."

He got burgled once , but nothing was taken. By the time the private security showed up (within five minutes of the alarm being tripped ) the only sign that someone had broken in was a broken window.

Edited by Pete_C