Slackware 12.0 Released:-)

slackware 9.0 was the second version of linux I used. If nothing else, slackware taught me how to configure X. With version 9, you had to configure it yourself(maybe it is still that way).

edit added later//

I just read, this is the first version of Slackware to use a default 2.6 kernel, WOW.

Edited by shanenin
slackware 9.0 was the second version of linux I used. If nothing else, slackware taught me how to configure X. With version 9, you had to configure it yourself(maybe it is still that way).

edit added later//

I just read, this is the first version of Slackware to use a default 2.6 kernel, WOW.

Yes, you still need to configure X yourself ( you can use xorgsetup to automatically assign settings, but I prefer xorgconfig).

Yep, slack 12.0 is now running 2.6.21.5. I installed a 2.6x kernel in 10.2 and 11.0, but, that was a bit of a PITA. My 3 install CDs are downloaded, burned for 12.0. Going to install tomorrow, it is getting late:-)

I've left my bit torrent client uploading tonight for all of you slackers out there:-)

I love slack. :matrix:

hi hitest

ide like to try slackware

my son has it but he bought the

cd when he went to boston last year

where do i get the cd as ime not that good at burnung linux cd

i need help

my out let only sells unbuntu and mandrake

any ideas

marty

hi hitest

ide like to try slackware

my son has it but he bought the

cd when he went to boston last year

where do i get the cd as ime not that good at burnung linux cd

i need help

my out let only sells unbuntu and mandrake

any ideas

marty

Slackware is a bit more difficult to use than Ubuntu.

You can buy Slackware disks at the Slackware store on-line if you like, Marty.

http://www.slackware.com/

Before you try-out Slackware I would read the Slack book which you can see at the Slackware website. Slackware does not use a graphical interface to install, you will set-up your system at the command line with your keyboard and edit text files to configure your system.

I am not trying to discourage you Marty, just letting you know what you're in for. :)