Any Good Mmo Games?

Hey guys, it been a while since i play wow. that is one of the reason why i stop attending BT because wow got me hooked again..... now im free from WOW Prison. i quited wow last month and not regretting it. i already post some of my mmo post in other thread but it just related to Mac issue. Anyway, tons of reason why i left wow. Too many 10 years-olds screaming "NUBBBBBBBBBB!", BG is.... somewhat broken, the class is imblanaced, the itemization is completely screw up in TBC, tired of getting ganked everytime im on the flaming horse..... i have 70 UD Affliction locks. and it in the pvp server, Crushridge. i mean those 10 years-old dont even know how to gank properly even there is a group of 4 vs 1 player. many people dont even know how to do teamwork very well, they mostly soloist. the guilds in that server keep changing, there is some guild are against some guild for some reason. only a fewest guild downed Illidan........ the last time i heard only two guild in the entire wow downed him. i mean what the heck, TBC is out half year ago and how it can be this slow. And when i reached 70... i just lost interest in wow because you have to grind rep to get in high lvl instance, and it not that pretty. So i left ew i ow for good and looking for other good mmo.

Here a few i did: Vanguard, Lineage II, Guild Wars, City of Heroes (just downloading the game).

Here my thoughts in those game:

Vanguard: Great game but not good enough. it took a chuck out of my HDD, 17 GB for this game.... im not kidding.... 17 GB! it really 10GB when you first installed but when the patch come, it require more GB, so i just check the properties of the folder and it said 17.3GB. good thing it using my 200GB external HDD using a Firewire 400. Anyway, back to the point, great class they have, i like the classes, 15 different class which is more nice selection. Im so excited when i start my character..... until i found out it kinda graphic intense. Im using Radeon X1600 128MB. it not that serious, but since im deaf, i notice a bit lot. Anyway, it too few player there, i thought i can make other race and see if i can find more people there.... i was wrong.... i feel like im the only person in the entire server.

Lineage II: i just played it yesterday and lost interest in it less than 30 min. it confusing, the on-screen guide not that helpful to me. There is no quest giver around, there is but there is no bold yellow "!" above their head. i mean, i have to see each NPC and check with them where i go. After i died by some lvl 2 mob, i got teleport to different city, i mean i have to run alllll the way back around the mountain to get there?? screw that. When i first arrive, i expect to have some quest right away ready but it not really that well, it just there is no way you know who have quest and the population is low also. and one huge disadvantage for me is if i want to move, i have to click in the distance to move. i dont like that, i want to use the WASD to move around. im used to WOW way and i like that kind of style. Suppose i have to pvp and i have to click but i want to look the sideway. it just not working out for me very well.

Guild Wars: Great game but not for me, you only can get up to lvl 20 and that it, but you will still earn skill points anyway. What great about it is Heroes. you have some hireling there helping you out for free, but you also have to manage your heroes also. sometime i want my hero to go first, but i have to get near to get my hero there to the mob. i got a Necromancer also haha. while i can cast spell in the distance, but when i cast spell in the distance, i got arrgo first ten mob come to me, but sometime the hero is just standing there, waiting for some action while the action is right front of me. i got killed a couple of time because of that reason. And it a clicking style to move..... not my style.

City of Heroes/City of Villians: i just downloading the game and see what the results. Im worried if COH/COV is sharing the same layout as Lineage II and Guild Wars since COH, GW and Lineage is under NCSoft.

For those who thought i am wasting my money on those game. Fear not, i didnt. i only brought Guild Wars and Vanguard, i got Lineage II and City of Heroes free trails and i just used it.

So for your help, i want to know any good game if you know any. i havent tried Everquest but i did see my friend play it and not really my style but couldnt hurt to check it out. I have my mind looking at Warhammer Online and Hellgate: London. cant wait for them.

So anyone have a good game that i should try?

P.S. Sorry for a long post but im a kind of guy that into details. didnt meant to dose you off, hahaha

I prefer Battlefield 2 (don't have 2142 yet). It's good for a large scale action game but only 64 players at a time. It's less easy to get addicted to and online play is free. I just never got into the MMO's. I always preferred FPS's and racing sims. I'm real big into racing sims right now. When I have money again, I'm gonna get DiRT and ToCA Race Driver 3. When I have $300 layin around, I'm gonna get me a Logitech G25 racing wheel. It has a working clutch system and a 6 speed H pattern shifter.

I'll tell you a bad addiction though. Fansubbed anime. I've been hooked since September. Now I have close 240GB of anime (totaling well over 400 Hours worth spanning over 80 series) and my library grows almost everyday. Since the subs I started buying DVD's too so now I own about 15 or so series on DVD.

I prefer Battlefield 2 (don't have 2142 yet). It's good for a large scale action game but only 64 players at a time. It's less easy to get addicted to and online play is free. I just never got into the MMO's. I always preferred FPS's and racing sims. I'm real big into racing sims right now. When I have money again, I'm gonna get DiRT and ToCA Race Driver 3. When I have $300 layin around, I'm gonna get me a Logitech G25 racing wheel. It has a working clutch system and a 6 speed H pattern shifter.

I'll tell you a bad addiction though. Fansubbed anime. I've been hooked since September. Now I have close 240GB of anime (totaling well over 400 Hours worth spanning over 80 series) and my library grows almost everyday. Since the subs I started buying DVD's too so now I own about 15 or so series on DVD.

I did play BF2, it great game. i did 2142..... well, the layout in other BF series is not the same. i mean im having issue with 2142 controls. so i gave up the in one day and shove that game in the back of the closet. i do like FPS, only when im in the mood for it. i played any Battlefield series, Star Wars Battlefront I and II, Halo I and II, couple other FPS. When it come to FPS, i rather PC version than the game console. i played Battlefront in PC as well. my friend brought this Battlefront I xbox and i played it, i dont like the control, i rather to have the mouse with me and the keyboard for more options.

I know MMO is easily addicted but i do have self-control. i managed a A in college and playing WOW in the past and im still fine. it pretty easy for me to have self-control over things.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like a good commuity you should try Ryzom, its a fantastic game with better players, Coming from WoW you know how stupid people on the internet can be, you don't have those types of people in Ryzom, thats really the only MMO out there that i like atm, and iv played just about all of them.

http://www.ryzom.com/

Edited by Naming is hard