To Whom It May Concern:

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 6 year old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money, because you can eat them.

I want to play kickball during recess and paint with watercolors in art.

I want to lie under a big Oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple.

I want to know only colors, addition tables and simple nursery rhymes.

I want to think that the world is fair and that everyone in it is honest and good.

Somewhere in my youth...I matured and I learned too much.

I learned of nuclear weapons, war, prejudice, starvation and abused children.

I learned of lies, unhappy marriages, suffering, illness, pain and death.

I learned of a world where men left their families to go and fight for our country, and returned only to end up living on the streets... begging for their next meal.

I learned of a world where children knew how to kill...and did.

I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by little things once again.

I want to return to the days when reading was fun and music was clean.

I want television to be something I watch for fun, not something I use for escape from the things I should be doing.

I want to live knowing the little things I find exciting will always make me as happy as when I first learned them.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to walk on the beach and only think of the sand between my toes and the prettiest seashell I could find.

Somewhere in my youth...I matured and I learned too much.

I learned of computer crashes and mountains of paperwork.

I learned of how it's necessary to somehow survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank.

I learned of doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I learned of politics, rasicism and discrimination.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs and a kind word.

I want to see the world not as a whole, but rather being aware of only the things that directly concern me.

I want to be naive enough to think that if I'm happy, so is everyone else.

I want to spend my afternoons climbing trees and riding my bike.

I want to wonder what I'll do when I grow up, and what I'll be.

I want to live simple again.

I want that time back.

I want to be 6 again.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause,

"Tag! You're It."

P.S. - Betcha guys thought I was leaving, huh? Neeners...

Got this at SpywareBeware... Doc posted it and I just thought it was to good not to share over here.

not six but rather 17. Cause at 17 I wasn't payin for jack crap but I still had a car and a job that I wasn't sick of to the point of going insane yet (I quit just before losing my sanity and 2 days before my 19th birthday).

sounds like so much fun, but when I was six computers filled a very large room and were slower than a commodore vic 20

So can I be six now with the wii and ps3 etc.

sounds like so much fun, but when I was six computers filled a very large room and were slower than a commodore vic 20

So can I be six now with the wii and ps3 etc.

When you were six, they were still using vacuum tubes in their computers :-) I am starting to go bald and grey, so I can make fun of you.

Sultan,

Yep he got me too (with a momentary gasp). I want to fly those planes with the rubberband. And play with those plastic boomerangs (God knows I'd probably kill myself with a real one)And play with my entire collection of matchbox cars I had as a kid (wish I still had them)

thanks for sharing. It was great.

Pat

Glad you liked it...... LOL

I thought you'ed like the topic title :rolleyes:

And THANKS Liz........ I got in trouble for getting mud all over the floors. :(:lol:

B)

Ah...those were the days!!

I used to take apart everything I could lay my hands on, just to see how it worked and what the insides looked like. My Dad nearly killed me many times because I wasn't old enough to know how to put it all back together again, but nowadays I can rip apart and rebuild a 327 in an afternoon, I can mess around inside & mod my computer to no end confidently, and I can fix just about anything that stops working...as long as the motor or whatever is still good and even then I'll put in a new one if it isn't more expensive than getting a brand new something or other....yep, it paid off in spades! My hands are Tools and I can build whatever I want and do it well, and all because I used them as a kid and taught them how to be that way.

Never discourage your kids from tinkering, it builds confidence. Never force your kids to think like you do...it just doesn't work that way, you're an adult...they're kids.

Yah...those were the days alright. Leave the house at sunrise, bolt back home for a quick lunch then off again till the streetlights came on...

My bike and my baseball glove were constant companions, and we never lacked for things to do, we found things to do as we went along exploring the world from the back of a two wheeler, with a banana seat and big handlebars....

I can remember my dad always yelling where were his tools. He got his payback when my 2 were born and at the same time I had to remember not to yell too much

Mark

I would always leave my dads tools in the grass to get rusty. Now my boy is paying me back. I always have to remind myself how I was as a kid.

My Dad STILL hollers about his tools, even though I moved out 25 years ago,

"Which one of you girls did I lend it too??" :D

My saving Grace is that it is usually SisterKaren who has the missing tool!

Liz