Hey Guys Long Time no post. (WOW has got me in it's evil grips)

A friend wants to duel boot OSX and XP. her dad bought her a Mac Pro when she asked for a new Computer the problem is she Previously purchased a Microsoft Zune and would like to add new songs to it.

Also she needs a copmpatable Graphics card because World Of War Craft is having a problem with the Intergrated card. Any suggestion welcome.

Preston

Going to work you can email me a t work if you like Preston.Spencer(at)LMBerry.com (replace (at) with @)

Edited by rhema7
  • 2 weeks later...

one word Parallels,

unless they are playing high end games on windows, Parallels will let them run Windows and OS X at the same time, and if they use boot camp and need more windows power, they can fully boot the windows partition they use in parallels

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/deskt...CFRTpYAodjDnv-w

plus you get a windows virus.. no problem just start a saved session..

easy

The Mac Pro doesn't have a integrated graphics card. Right now the low end card that ships with a Pro is a Nvidia 7300 GT. Should play WOW just fine. What problem is she having?

Do some googleing for XNJB I know that people are using this to use the Zune with OS X.

How it have issue with Wow? Issue with OpenGL? Did she have all update? But i need to know what is the issue with graphic and wow, i did have a problem with wow before, maybe she have the same problem with me i did in the past.

haha, i know how you feel, Rhema, i left BT because of WOW got me hooked.

But now i left wow for good! there is a few reason why i left wow. too many 10 years old running the game, screaming ''NUBBBBBBBBB!". the BG is entire boken. the class is imblanced. the itemzation is screw up really bad in TBC. lvl 70..... turn me off right away after i reach 70, i mean all i have to grind rep. im not going to explain every details why, but i can tell you if you want.

so now im explore other options for other mmoprg. Lineage II, Vanguard, Guild Wars few others. I just did Vanguard,, it great game but wasted potenial. Guild Wars and Lineage II under NCSoft, i suspect they share the same game engine. The issue with both of them that they more of clicking game, like i have to click the distance to move over there. i mean suppose im in the middle of heated pvp and i have to click click click click to keep moving, and i cant tab the target. im totallly used to WOW way and i did give it a couple of day to get used to but still not happy with it. im sure you know how fast-action pvp in wow, im totally used to that.

Some of you think im wasting my money for those mmorpg.not really, i only brought GW and Vanguard. and GW have two mmo free trails. that is Lineage II and City of Heroes. so im going to give City of Heroes a try and downloading the game right now.

my mind is still focus on Hellgate: London and Warhammer Online, i check the gameplay both of them and they seem they have the "wow fast-action keybinding layout". Hellgate: London is coming out soon, Warhammer Online will come out later in 2008. so Cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for waiting so long to post back. I fixed the situtation set her up with bootcamp then I adjusted the res on her graphics card (some how WOW adusted it out of range of her monitor) everything is fine now. Well after I got rid of the Bootleg XP copy she gave me the first go round and made buy a legit one.

isteve you are right about the intergrated card at the time of the post I had not actually seen the machine she had a local "MAC Expert" tell her the it was intergrated. Gotta watch those "experts".

Preston

Edited by rhema7