i cant tell you who takes these surveys

how ever what ever the message

or what it looks like is better than deaths

by neglecting to follow the road rules

ime posting this because of a family member beeing involved

marty

a riddle

What gets longer when pulled, fits between your boobs,

inserts neatly in a hole and works best when jerked????

Scroll Down

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

A SEAT BELT

not what you thought was it

Edited by martymas

Hi Marty,

I used a cell phone ONE time while driving. After I got to where I was going I thought for a moment... I couldnt remember ANYTHIGN about how Id just got there. I havent touched the cell while driving since.

And the seatbelt.... uggh.... I use it half the time. Seatbelts don't always help. Sometimes they even hurt you. Around town, no seatbelt. Highway, click it for sure.

Some of the fastest runners can run between 20-25 miles per hour. Imagine yourself running, full bore, at that speed. Man, you're really flying!

Now put a barricade in your path and run full-bore, without slowing down, into the barricade. SPLAT!

That's you hitting the steering wheel and potentially the windshield during an accident at "around town" speeds (as if anyone drives that slow).

Splat.

Buckle up.

------

The joke's a good one. :)

seat belts arnt always the answer

a relitive crashed his car into a river

and the seat belt stopped him from escaping and he drowned

im not advocating not to wearr seat belts

in all cases they are needed but that one time makes you think

my son crashed a his car using a cell phone

tho he wasnt hurt he was fined heavly

and rightly so as he could have hurt some one

else

there is a fine line between right or wrong

my advice be aware all the time

marty

From a personal experience, here's my 2 cents worth.

I advise using seat belts and having air bags in your vehicle.

On May 5th, the wife totaled our 2005 Mercury Marquis, it was in excellent condition.

It had only 13,200 + or - miles on it.

Thank God, she survived OK with only a few bruises and abrasions.

The biggest scare she got was when the air bag employed, she thought the car was on fire.

Almost forgot to say how it happen!!!

Well she was gong down the main thoroughfare in Denham Springs, to get onto I-12.

On this portion of the road they are 3 lanes, the 3rd one on the right is for getting on the Interstate.

In the extreme right lane was a white pickup and he motioned to a black pickup to come out from a service station.

The black P/U pulled right in front of the wife and she rammed into it and none of the 3 occupant were hurt.

The white P/U disappeared and the black P/U was ticked.

We are still fighting with the insurance companies, his and ours, to get a settlement.

After the first couple of days of getting no where, we hired a lawyer and things picked up.

Wife is convinced if she wasn't in a big car she would have been killed.

She wants another Mercury!!!

... the seat belt stopped him from escaping ...

There will always be stories speculating what "might have happened," how someone "might be alive today" if they weren't wearing a seatbelt, but as long as we're speculating: I speculate if they were NOT wearing their belt they'd have died from the crash and or impact or would have been knocked unconscious and drowned anyway.

If someone sticks with the belief that seatbelts may be too dangerous despite all the data that contradicts them, it's like any other prejudice, they will always find something that appears to support their view (not yours in particular ;)) while ignoring or downplaying everything that contradicts their view (like, the millions of people seatbelts have saved).

Based on facts rather than speculation, they are undeniably better and safer than not.

Guess I'm kind of a fanatic on the subject. I'll probably never change anyone's mind, but that won't stop me from expressing my strong views on the subject when it comes up. :blush:

Don't want to hi jack the thread but......

A few years ago I had a Mercury Sable station wagon. I was driving my two kids were asleep in the back seat. One in a car seat the other laying on the seat.

A car came on to the highway from a rural road. I was doing 60 mph. I T-Boned him, put him across the center median in on coming traffic.

Damage: His car totaled. Mine totaled. The spare tire was bolted inside under a cover, the bolt sheered. The tire was like it was layed over, nearly no movement.

The front of my car was shifted to the right about 6 inches. Our wallets were in the glove compartment, they were found in the A/C ducts. I sheered the keys with my knee. My kids slept through it all. There were two nurses on scene in under a minute the police and ambulance were stationed two blocks away, enroute instantly because both nurses called 911.

After speaking to some older people say Saint Michael was there because the principles of the accident were all named Micheal, Myself, the guy I hit, the first officer on scene.

We all went home after being checked out at a hospital. While I was getting stitched up an Officer questioned my wife about the where the car seat was for my son, it was not in the car. She had him turn around and it was in the lobby with her. She informed him she needed to use it to get to the hospital and get home later.

Seat belt have pros and cons. but we all need to realize their are higher beings affecting our lives daily.

My $0.02

M

In the extreme right lane was a white pickup and he motioned to a black pickup to come out from a service station.

The black P/U pulled right in front of the wife and she rammed into it and none of the 3 occupant were hurt.

That crap really urks me. People put being polite over safety. I NEVER let people out in situations like that, and usally get glared at, get the finger, and what not. Its just not worth it though. I watched someone in front of me let someone out out in a situation like you described. If I hadnt had a CB radio in my car, and the person crossing would have been Tboned by a big truck barreling down in the left lane. Not only is this "curtinusness" DEADLY, its also ILLEGAL. Enough of that soap box...

Jdoors, if you knew my "city" driving you wouldnt use a seatbelt either. I MAY or MAY not even pass another vehicle when going ACROSS town. My top speed will be something like 40mph.

I am on the side of seatbelts. I have been using them since(1962) they were only lap belts. My dad was a durability test driver for FoMoCo in Dearborn. He insisted they be used and now it's nothing but habit. If I get into the car to go a few blocks, at times I think, don't belt up. But, alas, by the time I'm two houses down the belt is being fastened like a robot. Besides, Michigan has a $65.00 fine for not using them. I don't want to think how bad broken ribs or concussion would feel compared to just buckling up.

My two cents. I am alive because I wasn't wearing a seatbelt when I crashed my '66 GTO head-on into a tree at 100 m.p.h. I was thrown through the windshield then bounced off my folded hood back through the windshield into the passenger side of the car. Once I came to and exited the vehicle and saw the damage, I figured I was lucky to be standing there. The rural rescue squad arrived and one of them asked me if I knew of any other survivors. I stated I was the only one in the vehicle. He was dumbfounded as he showed me that my steering wheel and column had gone through the drivers bucket seat which was pinned to the back seat. The drivers side tire, wheel, brake drum and etc. rested where the drivers seat used to be. The engine came through the firewall.

I walked out of that car with a few broken ribs, simple skull fracture, broken bones in both hands, broken left ankle, trashed left knee and several cuts and contusions. I will admit that I was lucky and it was a fluke that my injuries were not more severe. My uncle wasn't so lucky. He was killed when his chest was crushed by the steering wheel of his car duirng a head-on accident back in 1956 before seatbelts were standard equipment.

I wear my seatbelt everytime I get behind the wheel for one purpose only. I don't need the points on my license nor the fine for not wearing it. NY is strict enforcing the seatbelt laws.

If wasn't wearing my seatbelt during my wreck, I probably would have been injured by the airbag. Actually I never thought the airbag would deploy so it might have been worse if it didn't and I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The seatbelt caught me, and my face just hit the airbag briefly. I walked outta that one with no injuries aside from whiplash and a bruise or 2.

Me and all my friends are on the side of seatbelts. We all drive "performance" cars and because our autocross, drifting, and touge background, we for damn sure wear our seatbelts. Even my friend with a 67 Mustang 289, the first thing he did when he bought it was put brand new seatbelts in it.