etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of

cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger

involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put

into motion:

BBQ rules

Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with

the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is

lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks

her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the

situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine....

(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces,

and brings them to the table.

(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon

seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some

women....

This just happened last night at our place, altho I was working in the yard prior to firing up the grill!

Cold beer and a grill, a match made in heaven!

Thanks Marty!!

Papa

Edited by papa

That's funny.

Not true in my house though. I don't let my S.O. near the food preperation. This works out best for all concerned. She doesn't have to do the work, and I don't have to get salmonella poisoning.

That's funny.

Not true in my house though. I don't let my S.O. near the food preperation. This works out best for all concerned. She doesn't have to do the work, and I don't have to get salmonella poisoning.

Sounds familiar. Mine has an aversion to cleaning (when I can get her to she uses cold water and no clorox) , and does not feel she did a good job of cooking unless there is stuff spilled and splattered all over the place.

I generally make it a point of cleaning the kitchen and wiping things down with clorox before talking dinner and then again when she finishes putting things on to cook and finally when dinner is over.

Not only that but she always finds a reason to get me to "help" her and I find it easier to just do it all myself.

Personally I enjoy cooking myself and follow the clean as you go technique with a handy wash rag and bucket of hot soapy clorox infested water. Rinse in the sink and then back in the bucket until needed.

The grill is my territory since she professes she is scared it will explode and catch her hair on fire; although she tends to suggest that I should boil things first to ensure they will be tender. Yes there are some cases where parboiling or precooking is best and you just finish on the grill, but I can control the heat and do indirect cooking well enough to take all day to cook a roast on the grill and have it falling apart when done.

Marty I thought the seasons were reversed in New Zealand . Aren't you guys getting ready to celebrate Xmas or something down under. Break out the skis and parkas and hot toddies not the grills? (Just kidding about Xmas).

Putting a couple of birds on the spit in a moment. Gotta have a couple of beers in between basting times. Neither son-in-law ever had roast pig before. Gonna have to get my butt in gear and finish my big spit

Mark

Putting a couple of birds on the spit in a moment. Gotta have a couple of beers in between basting times. Neither son-in-law ever had roast pig before. Gonna have to get my butt in gear and finish my big spit

Mark

Here's the ultimate for roast pig COUCHON DE LAIT.

That's close to the way I do it. Definitely bookmarked the site, thanks. I got the gear motor and bar for the spit Trying to score some sheet metal

Mark

That reminds me ; while I was in Walmart the other day to get something for work ; I saw a universal fit electric rotissery (actually ten of them left) for your grill in the clearance bin for $10 each.

I forgot I was going to go back after work and get one. Hopefully there will still be some on Monday when I am in the area again.

Then I can start making rotisserie chicken and pork loins and.........

I never could figure out what keeps gyro meat from falling out. Maybe I can figure that out and do it for things like meatloaf.

That reminds me ; while I was in Walmart the other day to get something for work ; I saw a universal fit electric rotissery (actually ten of them left) for your grill in the clearance bin for $10 each.

I forgot I was going to go back after work and get one. Hopefully there will still be some on Monday when I am in the area again.

Then I can start making rotisserie chicken and pork loins and.........

I never could figure out what keeps gyro meat from falling out. Maybe I can figure that out and do it for things like meatloaf.

I got tired of always burning out motors. When I broke the bank, buying this last grill I also splurged on a Merkle-Koff gear motor. It's good for 50+ pounds. 3 chickens or a big turkey easy, plus you don't have to worry too much about balancing the birds, if they're top-heavy. The big spit I'm building has a 1 1/4" s.s. spitbar and the gear motor will turn over a small car :thumbsup:

Mark