Come On.....admit It!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Females actually DO fart, burp and sweat (but will never say, "yeah, that was me!!!" to the first two items.....Liz

NO NO NO, not listenin'!!!!!!...lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal, can't hear ya'

don't mess with the illusions of my world, girls don't do that!...lol

• 4 weeks later...

How about me? I think I'll go...

Lets see... What dirt do we have on the BestTechie himself..

1. I have more online friends than I do offline. :blink:

2. I hate reading, but I LOVE IRC, go figure.

3. I love underground bands (I know its not really good but I couldn't think of anything else at the moment)

Cya on the boards! B)

B

3 Things to commit....uh...i mean admit.

1: I Love the Idea of falling forever, whether skydiving or in my dreams, i would die happy if i never hit the ground...but i have a fear of going up...not heights, but going up like in an elevator or airplane, but love to be high up and looking down... :ph34r:

2: I have a strong sense for poetry and shakespear literature, but I play the big guy in front of all my friends, because i stand the tallest and work out every day. :unsure:

3: I have more driving citations from running my mouth off to a cop, than i would have if I was relaxed enough to say, "Yes Officer", or "Thank You Officer"...you know something along those lines...cuz he is doing his job, slowing my ass down...(sometimes....LOL) :D

Hmmm...

1. I am reluctant to admit but.. I am a closet lover of Neil Diamond.. and also Hanson. It's OK to laugh.. I do!

2. I have a sweet tooth that makes me crazy and I love candy all the time..

3. I too have a fascination with cartoons.. and I LOVE Invader Zim! That Gir cracks me up!.

Hi Floor.. Make me a sammich!

90615ac.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm...

1. I am reluctant to admit but.. I am a closet lover of Neil Diamond.. and also Hanson. It's OK to laugh.. I do!

2. I have a sweet tooth that makes me crazy and I love candy all the time..

3. I too have a fascination with cartoons.. and I LOVE Invader Zim! That Gir cracks me up!.

Hi Floor.. Make me a sammich!

90615ac.jpg

I love most cartoons too, I ebnoy Invader Zim as well.

Michael

i think that there is true genius inside Gir but the hamster and wheel slow him down even with the constant feeding. BTW i've got the Gir widget on my desktop and he likes your avatar. he sat on it for a few minutes and then put it in his head. that means he like it. :D

1. I have been a chronic drug addict since about age 14(daily pot smoker), I spent the years of age 21 - 27 shooting meth daily. My drug addiction is not really a secret, It is just part of me. I have never hid it, infact I enjoy shocking people with it :P I have been sober with the help of AA and God for over 5 years.

2. I depend on God for everything. With out my daily prayers and time spent with god, I would still be sticking a needle in my arm. I need God in my life. I used to be a hardened atheist(scientific type). Faced with the fact of dying by my own hands(slowly with meth, could not stop) or depending on a higher power(thats what AA is all about), I chose faith :)

3. I Talk to my self alot I sometimes wonder what my wife thinks of me. I am scared my kids are going to start talking to them selfs. My grandapa, who was a very inteligent, well spoken man, always was mumbling under his breath. It must be geneitc.

Edited by shanenin
3. I Talk to my self alot I sometimes wonder what my wife thinks of me. I am scared my kids are going to start talking to them selfs. My grandapa, who was a very inteligent, well spoken man, always was mumbling under his breath. It must be geneitc.

yeah, don't worry; EVERYONE does it. I mean, its like thinking aloud, but if a person walks by your room it could be changed to a plea of insanity :).

Hi Shanenin,

Congrats for 5 sober years!!! It's truly God's blessing, isn't it?. Fortunately, I never dabbled in that stuff but know folks who have and it is such a struggle for them to stay clean sometimes. Keep the faith, God is truly a Higher Power--and He sends friends and fellow recoverers to help.

And as for talking to yourself, I agree with Murtu, I would never have survived this long without it!! :) I blame being an eccentric artist, you can always blame Grampa! (Murtu, just wait till you're a parent--it's a necessity for survival!) Liz

Praise God for your breaking free from being an addict shanenin.

I agree that we need God and His Word, in our lives daily to make it from one day to the next.

We (hubby and I) haven't walked in your shoes, but have had our own long trials, but God in His love and mercy and grace are bringing us through to the other side. Praise God.

We too tried doing things our way without Him, until we were saved at age 40 (me) and 42 (hubby), and even then it took many years to decide God was right on everything, and that our bull-headed wrong way nearly cost us our marriage (and a whole lot more) because of all the fighting. But we are saved, healed (I speak the Word that says by Jesus stripes I (we) are healed), and delivered and walking with God. He is still working on us day by day to grow in Him, and to speak the Word, instead of the situation or symptom, to complete those things in us that He has promised for us in His Word.

Now since I haven't done one of these things on this thread (I don't think I have anyhow), I will take this time to say I admit glady and will shout it to the world, that I love God with all my heart, and I love my hubby with all my heart too.

As for confessions; well I really like the message boards I am on and I consider the people on them to be part of my extended family.

I forgot to mention that I am a procrastinator, and have a major lack of patience, have been known to lose my temper big time, and am rather absent minded. Oh another thing or two, I am gabby, and opinionated. :rolleyes: Disclaimer: Some of these could be considered to be major understatements. :rolleyes:

Now about that talking to ourselves issue, well I can always say I am talking to God, my hubby, or my cat, and even if it is to myself...well that's ok too since I consider myself to be good company!!! :rolleyes: Besides murtu is right, everyone does it. Though not everyone is brave enough to admit it, so they pretend otherwise...but just let them lose their keys or wallet and watch them tell themselves off, or ask themselves where they put it. Ha.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat
1. I have been a chronic drug addict since about age 14(daily pot smoker), I spent the years of age 21 - 27 shooting meth daily. My drug addiction is not really a secret, It is just part of me. I have never hid it, infact I enjoy shocking people with it :P I have been sober with the help of AA and God for over 5 years.

2. I depend on God for everything. With out my daily prayers and time spent with god, I would still be sticking a needle in my arm. I need God in my life. I used to be a hardened atheist(scientific type). Faced with the fact of dying by my own hands(slowly with meth, could not stop) or depending on a higher power(thats what AA is all about), I chose faith :)

as another eccentric on this board i can tell you that talking to yourself is far more normal than most people think. most people just give me a weird look. but once i was walking downtown and i started discussing to myself out loud astrophysics and the homeless guy across the street that is known for having arguments with an imaginary man yells out. "wait fred, come back, i'm sorry!!!! that's my friend!!!"

has anyone ever watched one of those drunk homeless guys fight their imaginary friend and win. they always seem to lose.

but seriously forget what others think, besides you van have a lot of fun messing with people.

That is incredible Shanenin...WTG...5 years isn't easy...10 minutes is probably not easy as well...but CONGRATULATIONS.... :D:D:D:D:D

With the talking to yourself thing...When I am typing a report, or on to the forum, i have to say my conversation aloud so I don't confuse myself into thinking someone else is writing it...hehe...doesn't make sense, but it is my thing...As everyone else has said...talking to yourself keeps you sane, but if anything goes wrong..."You're completely out of your mind" :D:P

• 2 months later...
WWE Wrestling (NO COMMENTS, PLEASE!)

Me too Kat! Btw, I saw John Cena at the airport! My fav. wrestler. He's the youngest and hottest.

There really isn't thing else I can think of at the moment that is worth mentioning, other than watching WWE.

~Kristy

• 1 month later...

Hmm....

1) I watch Laguna beach and Hogan knows best. (please, shoot me.)

2) I played DOA Beach Volleyball for 8 hours straight...I wanted that 1million dollar swimsuit...

3) I eat hotpockets non-stop. Especially ham and cheese.

1. Was kicked out of 2 boarding schools :blush: ....What can I say, I was too cool for school. :matrix:

2.I listen to Kelly Clarkson every day, she has a voice of an angel.  :D

3.Sometimes I enjoy a good romantic comedy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol Kelly Clarkson :thumbsup: she does have a good voice ;)B)

I can think of two now:

1)About me on the political compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.38 (stable, very little movement), Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69 (semi-stable, move up or down by a few points depending on the test (currently near lower max)) Can you guess what I believe in? :D

2) I have crashed [into a unusable state] my GNU/Linux distro three times in the past year. :blink:

Just three things huh?

1.My kids are quickly passing me when it comes to the computer.

2.I love the dark.My wife calls me a vampire. I go for walks in the middle of the night and sit around with as few lights as possible.

3.I really like "American Idol". I just don't know why.

well since Kat took MY first secret ;) (yes seriously, only it's not really a secret to those who know me LOL)

1. I hate olives and gag just at the thought of them

2. I'm afraid of the dark...don't ever watch the movie Darkness....

3. I'm addicted to reality tv shows and the OC.

(some of this might not be strange to most, but I'm nearly 40 years old lol)