What Are You Listening To Right Now?

I actually like J-Pop and J-Rock. We were just talkin about it on Tennspeed in the "What Are You Listening To Right Now" Thread on there. There is a guy on there that listens to music from around the worl and J-Pop and J-Rock is some of his favorite. He also likes Australian Hip-Hop. Many anime heads such as myself like Japanese music.

Hirano Aya & Katou Emiri & Fukuhara Kaori & Endou Aya - Motteke! Sailor Fuku (this song is nuts. It's the full version of the utterly crazy Lucky Star opening)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't Pandora that website where you search for a band or song and it plays it then finds stuff similar to introduce you to new artists it thinks you might be interested in?

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Then

Dream Theater - Take the Time

Then

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Then

Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

Then

Dream Theater - Learning to Live

I like Dream Theater too.

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Then

Dream Theater - Take the Time

Then

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper

Then

Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

Then

Dream Theater - Learning to Live

I like Dream Theater too.

Dream Theater is the stuff, Pull Me Under is one of my favorite songs.

Blue October - Hate Me

... Does anyone else here use Pandora?

I used it for a while, made a Blues "station" and one other (so long ago I don't even remember). It was OK. I guess between having to pay attention to what was going on (to rate each song so as to improve the selection) and my connection making streaming music AND surfing an iffy proposition, I just didn't stick with it.

It's apparently one of those sites where you're a member forever, they still send me the occasional note.

I have been a pandora member for probably a year. It has help me find new artist I would probably never find otherwise. I was just thinking with the diverse musical taste we have here some of you must use something to fine new bands.

Listening to some Fiona Apple this morning.

The only radio station I listen to is pretty good about introducing artists that are of interest to me, though you're right, that was one of the reasons I thought Pandora would work, introducing the occasional interesting new artist. Oh, now I remember the "other" station (I'm listening to the genre now and I would like to "discover" more): Electronica. There's no radio station that plays that stuff around here any more so I thought Pandora would help there. As I recall the problem was there are SO many variations of that type of music a "good" discovery was too rare.

Today's queue (with a theme of sorts):

Better Living Through Circuitry (compilation)

Audioslave

Daft Punk

Everything But The Girl

The Orb

Edited by JDoors
Eri Suga - Konjaku Monogatari

Ummm ain't that Jpop/Jrock? Didn't you say you hated it?

Hirano Aya & Katou Emiri & Fukuhara Kaori & Endou Aya - Kaeshite! Knee Socks

I honestly find this song hilarious (just like Motteke! Sailor Fuku). I seriously need to look up the lyrics' english translation. I already know some of Mottek! Sailor Fuku in English. Anything related to Lucky Star is gonna be funny. It's pointless comedy (much like Seinfeld) that often parodies other animes and it is hilarious. The Initial D parody they did had me and my friend crackin up for an hour.

Oh boy, I ought to have plenty to listen to by tomorrow. I have 25 singles queued in uTorrent and I already have some singles. They are all full versions of anime OP and ED songs plus others that come with them. Music not otherwise available in the states unless you pay a hefty import charge. Man my mom had to pay a pretty penny to get the Poets of the Fall CD (Finnish Band, Australian Record Label) I wanted imported for Christmas. Most albums here cost only $12-18 (depending on age and popularity) but this import was like $28 plus shipping and their latest album cost over $35 imported.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Eri Suga - Konjaku Monogatari

Ummm ain't that Jpop/Jrock? Didn't you say you hated it?

Hirano Aya & Katou Emiri & Fukuhara Kaori & Endou Aya - Kaeshite! Knee Socks

I honestly find this song hilarious (just like Motteke! Sailor Fuku). I seriously need to look up the lyrics' english translation. I already know some of Mottek! Sailor Fuku in English. Anything related to Lucky Star is gonna be funny. It's pointless comedy (much like Seinfeld) that often parodies other animes and it is hilarious. The Initial D parody they did had me and my friend crackin up for an hour.

No Eri Sugai isn't J-Pop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eri_Sugai

Lucky Star sounds interesting I think I'll check it out, after I'm Done with the latest Hellsing OVA.

Jinn - Kaidoku Funou

Man I have so much music now. I still have 13 torrents goin. One of them wasn't a single though. I just found out it's a whole album. It contained both the 2nd OP and ED of Death Note and a crap load more.

Maximum the Hormone - Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero

boy did the name of this song deceive me. It's punk rock song. This band apparently has both a male and female singer.

That song ended, now I'm listening to

Maximum the Hormone - Buiiki Kaesu!!

Wow, only 5 of those 26 torrents left. My music library is MUCH larger now.

Ayana - Last Regrets

then

Ayana - Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho