What Are You Listening To Right Now?

The radio, currently Van Morrison.

I nominate Morrison's Into The Mystic for a place in The Top Ten Best Songs Of All Eternity.

I tend to leave the TV on as background (The dogs like to watch cartoons , although I prefer Food Network)

Currently Rachel Ray is cooking Salmon burgers with sour cream. What a waste of Salmon. I can see using canned Mackerel or Chum.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Silence... well, the dog just started barking to be let in as I started to type (excuse me... )

Almost silence then... since: the 'puter fan is whirring; an occasional bird sings outside; the house fan is on doing its cooling thing; my eggs are sizzling in the skillet; and now my wife's dog is crinkling up some newspaper in my 'office' trying to get comfortable and whining once in a while (sigh)... and then walks out pouting... and now she's back.

Time to turn on some earthy tunes on the tube (enters post and leaves to turn on some mellow mood type stuff on the tube and eat brunch).

Silence... well, the dog just started barking to be let in as I started to type (excuse me... )

Almost silence then... since: the 'puter fan is whirring; an occasional bird sings outside; the house fan is on doing its cooling thing; my eggs are sizzling in the skillet; and now my wife's dog is crinkling up some newspaper in my 'office' trying to get comfortable and whining once in a while (sigh)... and then walks out pouting... and now she's back.

Time to turn on some earthy tunes on the tube (enters post and leaves to turn on some mellow mood type stuff on the tube and eat brunch).

Yours do that to? Ours are pretty well trained, for the most part to paraphrase Sean Connery in "Red October" Two barks and two barks only

One and only one member of the pack will come to the back door and face it directly and give two barks , then they lie down and wait. Only if they get no response in a reasonable time do they go to the bedroom window and repeat the proceedure.

Any other barking pattern and we know that either someone is in the back alley, someone is walking a dog and has stopped in front of the house, a squirrel is throwing nuts at them, etc . Each has a unique pattern as well as specific dogs who tend to be the contributors (IE the older dogs know that barking will not stop the squirrels nor get them to come down ).

Still on food network, looks like down home with the neelys

Reboot by HP with WinME

Updating my aunt's old PC that she uses for email and Pogo games. This thing has never had any Windows Updates or anti-malware applications installed. Surprisingly I haven't located any bad stuff on it, yet. Once it is updated the search shall begin.

Thunder just sounded. My mission may be aborted for awhile.

I've had a song in my head for several days now, so:

Black Sabbath's self-titled first album;

• Black Sabbath
  • The Wizard
  • Wasp
    Behind The Wall Of Sleep
    Bassically
    N.I.B.
  • Wicked World
  • A Bit Of Finger
    Sleeping Village
    Warning

The ONLY thing that dates it is a bit too much vocal reverb (though it adds to the "evil" atmosphere), otherwise, it's PERFECT.

I arrived at today's selection in an odd way: I was reading a car magazine and they had a feature on "speed." One vehicle they covered was ... the REO Speedwagon.

I vaguely remember there being a REO car company (Ransom E. Olds started it when he lost Oldsmobile), and maybe, somewhere among the cobwebs, I might have known there was an actual "Speedwagon," but I don't know if I ever put two and two together (my brain function MAY have been impaired back then :blush: ).

So, in honor of THE REO Speedwagon : REO Speedwagon !

Roll With The Changes, Keep On Loving You, Take It On The Run, Can't Fight This Feeling, Time For Me To Fly, Ridin' The Storm Out, etc.

I believe the REO speedwagon Logo of the band was taken from the car company. When I was very young the local fire dept. had a REO fire truck that they would drive in parades.

Got some Marcy Playground playing right now.

The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright

and since I'm bout to go to bed I have a playlist on the laptop lined up with some of my more relaxing anime songs.

Kind of a dancy, trancy, tecno-y two-disc compilation.

If you know any of them it'd be these:

Daft Punk: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Basement Jaxx: Where's Your Head At?

Gorillaz: 19-2000

Paul Oakenfold (remix): Days Go By