What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Good to know your spirits are recovering.

Finally played through all the X-mas albums, today:

Styx , The Complete Wooden Nickel Recordings

Wow! This brings back memories. I'd forgotten how many good songs they had before they hit it big nationally (or, at least, songs I liked). Some of them are so familiar, even after all these years, it's surprising. I have the vinyls of all four albums, but not the will or patience to mess around with 'em, so I'm happy to have this CD.

The liner notes (which I always read, just one of the many reasons I buy hard copies) claim the intro for one song is used for the THX logo sound! How about that? I always thought it sounded familiar! :thumbsup:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw that Coors commercial where they show a house done up with lights choreographed to that Trans-Siberian Orchstra song (which I can never remember the name but it was the song that first house famously used a few years back). Can't think about that without the song goin' through my head -- da-da-dA-da-da-dA-da-da-da-da-da-DA -- ba-ba-ba-ba! :D

Right now, Fatboy Slim.

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart

Motley Crue - Wild Side

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls

and maybe some other Motley Crue.

I just got in the mood for some Crue and other older hard rock.

Saw that Coors commercial where they show a house done up with lights choreographed to that Trans-Siberian Orchstra song (which I can never remember the name but it was the song that first house famously used a few years back). Can't think about that without the song goin' through my head -- da-da-dA-da-da-dA-da-da-da-da-da-DA -- ba-ba-ba-ba! :D

Right now, Fatboy Slim.

Hey JD.. i think it's called Wizards of Winter.

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

I've switched out of Japanese mode the last coupla days and been diggin into my old stuff. Prolly some Def Leppard or some other of my old stuff up next.

*not Def Lep but rather ZZ Top. Going through the greatest hits.

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin'

a lot more ZZ Top afterwards.

Edited by Honda_Boy

"Gimme all your lovin', all your hugs and kisses too!" <guitar lick> :D

Good choice.

Yeah, the DVD-CD player in the computer ain't workin'. Brought the boombox in from the garage but have to let it acclimate to the indoor climate, so still listenin' to that power supply fan.

well dang. That just sucks. You need to replace your DVD drive and then rip all your music to your PC. That's what I do. Well, except the Japanese music. That's all downloaded.

Music on this system just isn't an option (too old, too anemic, eg. an 8G hard drive). Hard to justify buying anything new for it (like a replacement CD player, however cheap they may be -- if they're even available any more), though I do have a few "parts" systems I might try to scavenge for one (worried about working drivers for it though).

Anyway, the boombox is an excellent one (nearly as good as the PC's sound system, one of the few things I have upgraded on the system,), so:

DREAM THEATER! (What else? :rolleyes: )

-----

Edited by JDoors

Well, it does help that my main rig has a 250GB main and 80GB secondary my lappy has an 80GB so I got plenty of space for music. Plus, my PC has the best sound with a Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS (with EAX Advanced EQ set to Rock) and a sweet Logitech Z4 2.1 Speaker system that shakes the floor (literally, my parents always complain about it since I'm on the top floor). The laptop also has all my music so I can listen to my stuff when I'm school or I take it downstairs with me to play music while working on the car or doing any other work down in the basement/garage or when I'm working outside. I usually use an old pair of JBL speakers with it that came with an old Compaq of mine (about 4-5 years old) but they sound good. I use them for volume and quality considering that built in laptop speakers are too quiet and sound like crap anyway.

The 2007 Grammy Nominees CD. I listed 'em before but here's some:

Gnarls Barkley

Mary J. Blige

Corinne Bailey Rae

John Mayer

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Carrie Underwood

Imogen Heap

Christina Aguilera

Natasha Bedingfield

Sheryl Crow

Pink

KT Turnstall

James Blunt

John Legend

Paul McCartney

Daniel Powter

Black Eyed Peas

Death Cab For Cutie

The Fray

Keane

And more. If you can't find something you like out of those you're dead. (Or maybe you like the crappy ones I left off the list!)

Wah-wah-wahwahwah, wahwahwahwahwahwah, wah-wah-wah!

Friend & co-worker gave me:

The Best of The Rolling Stones: Jump Back

and

AC/DC, Back In Black (remastered).

I didn't have any of either before (on CD, have 'em on vinyl). I kept lookin' in the bins and thinking, "Sheesh, they have fifty-ka-jillion albums! Where do I start?!?" This is as good a place as any.

Got a CD with my The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 2 Limited Edition. It's Hirano Aya's (They wrote Aya Hirano on the US release CD cause of our naming pattern) Bokuen Desho Desho. I haven't actually listened to it yet cause I downloaded it about 9 months ago before it was available in the US. I had ordered the Limited Edition Volume 1 but it isn't here yet. It should Hirano Aya's Hare Hare Yukai in it. I also downloaded it way back before it was available in the US. Also both of these are just singles. Bokuen Desho Desho has 2 songs plus Karaoke versions of both those songs.