Saw This In The Ports Tree, Don't Know How I Feel About It

http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/linux-nero/

I saw this and I don't know how I feel about it, it's nice that we can use it. But I don't know why I would pay to use it when K3B runs just fine.

How do you guys feel about linux nero and would you pay to use it? Especially with open source alternatives that work just as good if not better.

its nice that it is there, but its not so useful unless they add options like makeing backups of HDDVD or something, the only other ting this is good for are people who coem from windows and lies nero, they can have the same tool until they learn K3B or something else.

I'll also put in my vote for k3b. I have Nero installed on my one Windows partition, but, k3b is a far superior application. I never boot into Windows anyway ( Nero is on on my daughter's computer). That is weird that Nero is in the ports tree. Interesting.

I like nero on windows, but suspect it might not run well on linux.

Last time I heard nero was very buggy on linux but that was a while ago, I don't know about now.

My biggest problem is why should I pay 24 dollars or whatever it is for the license, when i can use a program that's just as good and is free.

Edited by Carnevil