I hope to order 1, possibly 2 LCD monitors this weekend. I've read different reviews and I'll probably stick with Samsug or Viewsonic. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the cheaper monitors out there, like Acer, HaansG, or Sceptre, that New Egg sells? I have'nt found that much feedback on them

Mark

Edited by garmanma

I've heard Samsung make a Great Monitor!

A friend of mine who works at a store called PC Place here, was telling me about Samsung last month and he said it would probably be he monitor he'd choose, so I don't think you can go wrong there Mark.

I also have an Acer too Matt, the 2017 and I Love it so far!

I hope to order 1, possibly 2 LCD monitors this weekend. I've read different reviews and I'll probably stick with Samsug or Viewsonic. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the cheaper monitors out there, like Acer, HaansG, or Sceptre, that New Egg sells? I have'nt found that much feedback on them

Mark

I use a Samsung SyncMaster 914V. It's a few years old, 19 inch. Looks great. I upgraded fron a SyncMaster 15inch that I liked too.

I spent a lot of time in Best Buy comparing screens and liked these the best. Pretty reasonable too, especially when rebated.

Joe

I've got personal issues with Viewsonic. Namely a pocket PC I ordered from them. The pixels started dieing about an hour after I had it charged and started toying with it. Throughout the life of its warranty, I couldn't get anyone from their CS department to actually give me any help. When the warranty was up, they basically told me pay to fix it or too bad.

Will never buy anything from that particular brand again.

Go with the Samsung.

Well, I have to wait until the weekend to see what money I have. I'll check out the sales ads and NewEgg's weekend specials and go from there. I just hate Best Buy. Thanks guys

Mark

Edited by garmanma
Well, I have to wait until the weekend to see what money I have. I'll check out the sales ads and NewEgg's weekend specials and go from there. I just hate Best Buy. Thanks guys

Mark

I hate BB too. But you really should SEE the monitor's display before you buy. One man's glossy screen is another man's blur.

Just an update. NewEgg had a sale on Viewsonics over the weekend. I got a 19" and 20" wide screen for under $450 shipping included. They look pretty good, got them adjusted nearly to where I like it and no dead pixels. Added benifit, I have a desk! Gonna take me a while to clean it up though

Mark

Edited by garmanma