I have two questions totally unrelated......

First off I stupidly took videos on my digital and need to rotate them, are there any free programs to do this? Thank you :)

Secondly:

I am connected thru a modem for cable connection to the internet. Lately everytime I've opened up my browser or my email , it says I'm offline. Is there any way to fix this? I can't recall doing anything new lately that would have started causing this but it's very annoying.

Thanks for any help you can offer on either topic :)

Velda

Try unplugging your modem from the wall outlet for about 5 minutes. then see what happens. That always fixed the problem for me when it acts up.

On the offline problem> IE6 or 7?

Hey Terrorist, long time no talk to :) It's IE7 and the problem is pretty recent (couple weeks for email, just a few days for internet)

I'll try the modem disconnect too JSKY, thanks.

Lefty...it's not pics I need rotated, I can do that, it's video...the extension is .mov and they are playing sideways :(

Guess I read that wrong. I saw digital and thought of Pictures.

We had an issue with this on the work computer. Apparently someone decided that they needed a dial up account on the computer to access my network. I swear I work with people that are dumber than dirt trying to do stupid stuff on these computers and get away with it...

Anyhow, try this...

Click start, Control Panel

Switch to Classic View

Double Click Network Connections

Do you see anything there that isn't of the LAN of High-Speed Internet Category?

If so, delete it.

This may be the fix, maybe not.

thanks everyone, unplugging the modem seems to have worked.....

as for the rotation I have irfanview but haven't found a plugin to rotate .mov..can you give me some guidance? Thanks :)

I really am a smart girl but I'm just not finding anything that is helping me rotate my movie.....I downloaded and installed the plugins (version 4.0.0.0) and it loads the movie but I can't find anywhere to rotate the entire thing. I can just rotate one screen..that's not helping me :( Any further help please? Thanks :)

checked into the LAN stuff and that's all that's there, nothing else.

I really am a smart girl but I'm just not finding anything that is helping me rotate my movie.....I downloaded and installed the plugins (version 4.0.0.0) and it loads the movie but I can't find anywhere to rotate the entire thing. I can just rotate one screen..that's not helping me :( Any further help please? Thanks :)

Guess you'll just have to tilt the monitor on it's side to view them! Good luck finding a plug-in.

It doesn't allow the rotation of the complete .mov file?

Edit

I just noticed that IrfanView only allows rotation of each frame then the video needs to be reassembled.

What make and model of camera was used? The manufacturer may have its own software for rotating the video.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

I found THIS in regard to rotating .mov files.

You need Quicktime Pro however.

Not sure if they offer a free trial.

Hmmmm.....the link doesn't go directly there. So select 'Editing and Authoring', then 'Resizing, Flipping, or Rotating a Movie'.

Edited by irregularjoe

Found a thread in this forum about the same thing:

"codingforums.com

Did you read what M$ says?

How do I rotate video that I have recorded with my digital camera in the Player?

You can rotate video clips in Windows Movie Maker by doing the following:

Import the video clip into Windows Movie Maker.

Drag the imported video clip and drop it onto the timeline.

On the Tools menu, click Video Effects.

To rotate the video clip to the right, drag the Rotate 90 video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.

-or-

To rotate the video clip to the left, drag the Rotate 270 video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.

On the File menu, click Save Movie File and follow the instructions in the Save Movie Wizard.

For detailed instructions, see Windows Movie Maker Help.

Note that you may need to adjust the pixel aspect ratio of your rotated video so that it looks normal during playback. See the next question for more information. "

Mark

I've actually heard of RadTools, which is a free app that should allow you to convert that .mov file to a .avi file so you can use Windows Movie Maker to edit it. You will need a plugin that will allow it to work with .mov files, and if you need more detailed info, I'll help ya out with that as soon as I get my laptop converted to a Linux box.

RadVideo Tools and Blaze media pro allowed me to rotate my video and save it YAY! Now I just have to work on the audio being better, there are so many options that I'm not sure, so I'll just play with it...thank you everyone!!

Now I still need help with my offline problem, thanks :)