Ever Have One Of Those Moments?

Ever have one of those moments where you feel like a total idiot?

I had one not but about an hour ago. I download fansubbed anime all the time. One of the earliest series I had started downloading was only 13 eps and the subber for it was going very slow. Well there was a pretty good gap between releases. I had been waiting months for the final episode to be released. So I was randomly cruising an anime forum (which I rarely do cause honestly, they are scary. I tend to only do my anime talking at Honda-Tech). Well I just so happened to be reminded of this series so I opened my anime folder and found this series' folder. I opened it up.........There the final episode was. I downloaded it more than a month ago and never watched it. I had no idea I downloaded and for that matter, I had no idea that it was ever released.

Boy I felt really stupid after that. Oh well. It happens.

MUCH worse. :wacko:

Can't think of a similar example, but that probably IS an example, if you catch my drift.

Heh-heh. Agreed.

For those of us on the plus side of 40 we know that age doesn't necessarily bring wisdom. :D

... age doesn't necessarily bring wisdom. :D

I couldn't disagree more!

Tons of wisdom, just less and less access to it. :wacko:

We're like a set of encyclopedias growing in volume and complexity every year, but it keeps getting tougher to find the articles you're looking for. :thumbsup:

lol yea i had one this morning at school... my smart self parked in my parking spot, turned off the car, locked all the doors, got out, shut the door, and forgot the key in the ignition. I went throught the whole day and when school let out i had to break in my own car with a branch from a nearby tree.... gotta love it. :ph34r:

We're like a set of encyclopedias growing in volume and complexity every year, but it keeps getting tougher to find the articles you're looking for. :thumbsup:

So maybe us old folks need to defrag our brains? :D Nicely put, JDoors. :thumbsup:

So maybe us old folks need to defrag our brains? :D Nicely put, JDoors. :thumbsup:

I use a journaled file System for my brain so I don't need to defrag. :P

What series was it?

Tonogura!

I'll watch practically anything particularly if comedy is mentioned in the description. If you want a whole list of everything I have seen and am watching, oh I have it. I keep a OpenOffice document of it. Just updated it the other night which it already needs another minor tweak.

Man did I ever feel dumb about that one though. I musta downloaded it in a group cause I most certainly don't remember ever downloading it. I still have a load of unwatched videos, many are the first 2 eps of series I haven't started yet. I have a lot to watch.

Ever have one of those moments where you feel like a total idiot?

I had one not but about an hour ago. I download fansubbed anime all the time. One of the earliest series I had started downloading was only 13 eps and the subber for it was going very slow. Well there was a pretty good gap between releases. I had been waiting months for the final episode to be released. So I was randomly cruising an anime forum (which I rarely do cause honestly, they are scary. I tend to only do my anime talking at Honda-Tech). Well I just so happened to be reminded of this series so I opened my anime folder and found this series' folder. I opened it up.........There the final episode was. I downloaded it more than a month ago and never watched it. I had no idea I downloaded and for that matter, I had no idea that it was ever released.

Boy I felt really stupid after that. Oh well. It happens.

You mean like when I buy CDs that I already have, start reading books and into about the third chapter think to myself "Hey, this sounds familiar", and then meeting some guy named Bob that I've known for thrty years and saying "Hi Steve!"

Hang in there Honda Boy, the worst is yet to come. ;)

Edited by irregularjoe

I think I'm gonna have it worse than most people when i get older. I already have severe memory trouble now. I can't ever remember to do things or forget something someone has just told me, and I've even told stories to people 3 times before realizing I've already told it to them.

Here's another bad case. The first day I met my friend TJ, he loaned me a series on DVD. That was back in January or February. I just started watching it tonight. Not only that but the 6th disc has been in my car the whole time. I keep forgetting to take it out and bring it back in.

Well, the first time that I touched a pc was when I was 17. I'm now 23 and its really just in this past year or so that I really got to play on a pc. So just about 90 percent of my knowledge is thanks to a french guy ( who cant speak a word of english ) who is a computer technician. So Imagine all the dumb moments I'm feeling, trying to learn computers and french!!

Btw I'm from South Africa, and never heard french before untill 18. Immigrated when I was 21.

Whew....thank god I'm not Alone...;)

I thought it was just ME that had those moments, and that everyone else had Perfect Memory!

Now I can sleep easier knowing that I'm not alone, stumbling around lost in the dark recesses of my brain...

^-^

Whew....thank god I'm not Alone...;)

I thought it was just ME that had those moments, and that everyone else had Perfect Memory!

Now I can sleep easier knowing that I'm not alone, stumbling around lost in the dark recesses of my brain...

^-^

I'm sorry ... Who are you again?

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I'm gonna have it worse than most people when i get older. I already have severe memory trouble now. I can't ever remember to do things or forget something someone has just told me, and I've even told stories to people 3 times before realizing I've already told it to them.

You are describing exactly what my wife says about me to her friends :rolleyes::lol:

Mark