before i got the update to the most current one i burned a disc

now taht i got update i tried burning a cd but as soon as it started it ejected the disk and said it wouldnt do it

i thought it was the cd but i tried 3

so then i tried another free burnin program and it did work in erasin the disc and adding songs

how can i fix this problem

It seems like a lot of folks have problems with Nero 7. I being one of them, I solved mine by going back to 6.6. and so did many others. It seems like one fix was to install version 7, choose custom and uncheck all the default file associations. I have not tried this but you may want to give it a shot.

brax

I used 7 for a few months and rarely had issues with it. I use Roxio 9 now but I still know Nero.

I think you need to clarify your question allot tho. You obnly burned 1 disk before you updated?

What type of disk were you burning..Data, Music, Pictures?

Did you get any error messages with the failed burn attempt? Nero usually says something when it fails and it writes logs for Everything, have you checked the logs?

Was this a copy you got from P2P? I don't care either way, but some of those are damaged goods to start with.

As much as you can tell us helps us find the problem for you.

makin an audio mp3 CD on a cd+RW, my burner is +

its not a p2p its legit version bought from best buy

i have burned multiple Cds on this b4, actually alot also dvds, the day b4 i downlooaded upgrade i made a cd

the next day i updated and it didnt burn

it would start burning and it would get to 50% rite away then when it stops it says: could not perform fixation, then it says invalid write state and could not preform fixation again.

After this i went to test out some other free burning program and it worked so i figured the 3 cds i tried with nero were not damaged at all

Edited by REMIX_23

UPDATE: i system recovered to a day prior to update, so now i tried and burned a CD succesfully, does that mean the nero update was the problem? or could it be this windows update that its askin me for right now?

Definitely a problem with one of them for sure.

You're option now is to reinstall the Windows update, reboot and then try a burn, if it works then it's the Nero one that was bad. If it doesn't work, uninstall it, reboot again and try another burn. Now if the burn works after you uninstall the Win Update, reinstall the Nero one, reboot and try again. This should tell you for sure which one, or possibly both, are causing this problem for you.

I would say that it's probabably the Nero one that's got a problem. If so, contact Nero Support to let them know, and see if they possibly already have a fix for it. If it's a bad update I'm sure others are having problems too and their site should have something on it.

Also, it could have been a corrupt download, but usually it won't install if it's corrupt, but every now & then it can happen.

Let us know which it is please REMIX...Thx!

Just out of curiosity, are you running Vista?

In the beta, we had a lot of people ripping their hair out over issues

trying to get Nero 7 to work with it. I was never happier to have

just picked up a new laptop so I wouldn't have to worry about such

issues at the time.

no windows xp media center 2003

Same here. I was using Nero 7, minimum install. Ran into the occasional bug, but I never updated it.

When I did a repartition to dual boot Linux/XP MCE I upgraded back to Nero 6. Absofreakinlutely happier now.

before i got the update to the most current one i burned a disc

now taht i got update i tried burning a cd but as soon as it started it ejected the disk and said it wouldnt do it

i thought it was the cd but i tried 3

so then i tried another free burnin program and it did work in erasin the disc and adding songs

how can i fix this problem

You can try using magiciso to burn cd. It works fine for me.

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm