Can't Delete Music Video From Ipod

I was fooling around with my iPod in iTunes and right clicked a video and changed it to music video (via right click>video>video kind) and I cant see it in iTunes anymore. Cant be deleted from ipod(damn) and cant delete it in ipod diskmode (hundreds of files with weird names..will take hours to find it)

Can anyone come up with a solution?

This is just a home video I converted to an mp4 not bought from iTunes!

*to mod:didn't know where to post sorry

Your going to have to find it in itunes and move it or uncheck it for sync. The ipod only will have media that is in itunes and if you did find it and removed it manually from the ipod, the next time you sync it will be on the ipod again.

Edited by isteve

The video is still somewhere in the itunes library. Changing it to a music video probably moved it somewhere else. Try making a smart playlist with criteria that you are sure matches the video. Or just search your hard drive for it and move it. It can not stay on your ipod if it's not in itunes. Every time you sync itunes and ipod compare indexes the ipod will change depending on changes in itunes index, so if you add or delete something in itunes the ipod will add or delete the file. If the file has moved the ipod will not change.

Edited by isteve

That would help if I had the video in my iTunes library, but I don't. I had the video on my iPod and in the Movies section from my I pod in iTunes I specified it as a Music Video...So it was never in my iTunes library to begin with.

Therefore I cannot delete it through iTunes. If there was any confusion sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...
That would help if I had the video in my iTunes library, but I don't. I had the video on my iPod and in the Movies section from my I pod in iTunes I specified it as a Music Video...So it was never in my iTunes library to begin with.

Therefore I cannot delete it through iTunes. If there was any confusion sorry about that.

Have you tried Anapod?

It lets you move data from the ipod to a PC.

• 4 weeks later...
sorry no there nothing to be synced it was a personal video which I told iTunes was a music video. Since theres no music video in iTunes I can't delete it or place it back within the movies list.

i had the same problem and just figured it out. When you mark a video (i had several videos that i converted that ended up in the 'movies' section as you) as a music video, it disappears form the movies list and is automatically transferred to the music list (not a playlist, just music). You can distinguish it from regualr songs because in the name field, there is a little tv icon there. i'm still trying to figure out where my photos are...and how to add them wihtout "sync"ing them...

• 1 year later...

Have you tried Anapod?

It lets you move data from the ipod to a PC.

Anapod's a ripoff. I've purchased a few iPods over time, and each time, they forced me to buy another license. I complained, THEN they suggested buying the version that would allow you to use on multiple iPods. WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST OFFER THIS VERSION AT THE OUTSET?

...I'll tell you why...to rip off the public!

DOWN WITH ANAPOD!