Hi Everyone!

Sorry it's been so long, I'll be in just "now & then" for awhile before I can get my full "legs" back I think, we'll see.

Till then I thought you maybe interested in a small tutorial I wrote about Changing the Default Hard Disk Percentage Size for System Restore in Vista and why it could need doing in the first place.

I'll add more to it later concerning "VSS" and "Previous Version", which are both briefly touched on in the article, and which have everything to do with System Restore Bloat in Vista. I hope some of you find this article useful, I've seen many folks upset with the fact that you can't alter this setting in Vista anymore, so I thought I'd share this little tidbit of excess knowledge I have about it with you.

There are a few other things that were useful in XP but have been Omitted from Vista's Interface level that can be adjusted through a command line session, I'll work on those later for you.

I also have some very interesting and Fun tweaks for those of you who remember how to edit the Registry from a previous tutorial!

I'll show you how to change and personalize a few items that we all have on our Vista machines. Be it funny or a tad on the "naughty" side, these tweaks will bring out the "You" on your Vista Box!

Take Care

Hey Dave.

Good to see you posting again.

Nice tip you posted. Glad to see more thing on Vista showing up here on the boards.

Looking forward to see what you have come up with. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys-N-gals

No, I haven't forgotten anyone here....um...(what's his name again...) um..(heheh-heh)

Kidding, it's good to be back!

Sorry for the really extended MIA this time, I really needed some time to myself and still haven't gotten everything back to normal yet but working on it.

I have missed everyone allot and that's why I had to come by and say Hi and make a few posts too. I have so much to say about Vista these days that I really want to share it around here.

I've spent the last 2 months doing some really in depth digging around in this new monster and have much to pass on to our members who may be struggling with, or looking into getting Vista.

I know others here have been using Vista as well (Jeff & JSKY at least) and they probably have much to say too, so I have an idea I'm going to post in Admin & Staff for consideration.

Anyway, I'll be around, maybe not as much as I was before I took an extended Leave of Absence, but I'll be here. I can never leave my desire to help and teach others about computer stuff behind, and our BT Community members come first.

jeez dave

i thought you had gone where the good people go

dont leave it so long next time

we love you

i saw a post some time ago asking for you

and no one seemed to know what you were up to

as you know ime a particleular fan of yours

as you taught me what little things i know about compts

so please dont stay way to long next time

regards

marty