It Is Kind Of Quiet Around Here

Echo Echo Echo!

It's Spring!! MOST people are outside playing in the gardens and yard! But I must admit and apologise for just doing a quick read to catch up and not posting much. "Nut with a Walker Issues" have had my brain pretty mushy......won't get any better, either; the kids are "officially done with school" and they'll be moving out of their apartment (they have until May 15 to be OUT) so it won't get any less hectic.

BUT I'll still read every day!

Liz

well sorry I haven't been around much. Been out with friends a lot recently and TennSpeed and Honda-Tech forums take up a lot of my forum time. Haven't had any computer issues in a long while either.

Echo Echo Echo!

It's Spring!! MOST people are outside playing in the gardens and yard! But I must admit and apologise for just doing a quick read to catch up and not posting much. "Nut with a Walker Issues" have had my brain pretty mushy......won't get any better, either; the kids are "officially done with school" and they'll be moving out of their apartment (they have until May 15 to be OUT) so it won't get any less hectic.

BUT I'll still read every day!

Liz

Liz is right! All the boards are off a bit because of spring conditions, I believe the late spring weather has effected us all.

I know I am spending less time on the boards for sure because I'm outside more!

I also drop by but don't post as often now, shame on me!

Papa says "Happy Spring, Finally!" :thumbsup:

I come by every day, and read, and post in the "Word Association Thread" quickly. :D

That's usually what I do as well. Just don't have the time for forums like I used to. This whole law school process takes time.

I had a dream last evening about splitting some "hosta" plants. This is based on reality. I need to thin some of the bushy plants and plant a new row behind the garage. It must be weighing on me subconsciously.

Hostas transplant anytime, very well. Just chop up the large plants and move... I dig the whole plant up with a shovel and chop it into pieces with the shovel or a large knife. Be sure to amend the soil a bit with peat or compost for moisture retention.

Spring cleaning time. I completely tore down my computer to clean it. While it was apart I decided to install a new PSU, HDD, new heatsink/fan and more memory plus a fresh install. While doing that a customer ordered a custom built PC plus 2 others came in for their spring cleaning and upgrades.

I still have some programs to install on my PC and get it set up the way I want it.

I have also been out to my worksites to see if the winter weather caused any damage and tell the home owners I will be there to start up again as soon as the frost and mud is gone.

Spring is also the time to clean my house one room at a time. I was lucky to catch a few days earlier in April to do my yard.

All of this has reduced my time spent on the Internet. I may be logged in, but usually just take a quick look and then go puttering around then come back for a look while taking a break.

I guess I need to clean up a few things for spring. My main hard drive is overflowing with anime. I need to break out a bunch of DVD's and start burning them so I can clear up some room.

I'm thinkin I'm changin my avatar soon. Have a nice new one for spring. I've been usin the same one since I joined on here. I'm tryin to decide though. I may just use the same one I just switched to on TennSpeed. Maybe a different one to diversify.

well there. I changed my avatar. This one was my old Honda-Tech and TennSpeed one. I use 2 different ones on there now.

This is my current TennSpeed one

RM_002.jpg

and this is my current Honda-Tech one

1114.gif

(Nani? is Japanese for What? said in surprised manner usually in anime)

*well I had to clear my cache to see my new avatar on here

Edited by Honda_Boy
well there. I changed my avatar. This one was my old Honda-Tech and TennSpeed one. I use 2 different ones on there now.

*well I had to clear my cache to see my new avatar on here

Looking good Honda_Boy.

Yes, Spring time work... I just picked up 120 pounds of S...t er, a, I mean, Manure, for the wife. Told her HAPPY MAY DAY. She seen no joke to it at all. So now it's digging in all the flower beds, playing in all that stuff I got her. Should have kept my mouth shut.... When will we men ever learn.... :angry:

Cleaning up the PC. Mmmmm Vista partition is only a couple of months old... and the XP is maybe a year old. And I have been mostly playing with the Vista Betas. I think I'll wait for more time to go by. Before getting into redoing them. Maybe a good cleaning of the case and fans might be in order though.

But I'll have to find the time with yard work. Need to move someplace that doesn't have four seasons. :mellow:

Then the better half would always have her flowers growing. :rolleyes:

Well, my PC cleanup is done, new 160G HD and a full reload. Funny how many programs I had that I never used...We have a new 250 that's in a home network server. So much space compared to my old 30G. Yeewww, and you shoulda seen the inside of my machine! I wonder how bad it would have been if I didn't have "panty hose" filters on all the intakes? Tomorrow it's gonna be in the 70's and it's back out working on the yard. (and grilling)

Jsky, will you marry me? :)

I have to do my own sh***ing....Which according to my Brit Friend, Jane, the "S word' is totally appropriate when used for manure (and she's a Preacher's wife! Boy did I laugh the first time she referred to manure as that "naughty word". The Brits sound so elegant when cussing....)

Nearby Sister has horses and they keep me in supply! They get my carrottops, thinned out Queen Anne's Lace and an annual bag of peppermints in return. Good trade!

Just caught the weatherguess--yup, 70's in Bozodog's area, but 50's near the Lakeshore (where I'm at) Amazing how we're so close but the weather can be so different

Hondaboy, your Avatar is just crazy! Love it!

Liz

Edited by blim
Hondaboy, your Avatar is just crazy! Love it!

Thanks. Yeah she is crazy. In fact, in that particular pic, Shion (that's her name) is in the long process of going murderously insane, killing people to "avenge" the loss of the boy she had a crush on. She's watching one girl, who was trying to stop her with a drug but ended up having the drug shot into herself by Shion, stab her self in the neck with a knife trying to kill herself before the drug does worse. Don't worry the girl that kills herself comes back. The world constantly rewinds and things happen differently. It's a huge mystery that the viewer, even though witnessing most of the murders, has to figure out. You have to figure out why everything keeps happening and why the world keeps going back in time and the causes and outcomes for everything change. It's weird and like CSI or Law and Order on a whole new level. It's insane.

For any who want to know the name of the series is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Should be out on DVD soon. I downloaded fansubbed before it got licensed in the US.

Anywho. Just cleaned up my main Hard drive a little. I transferred some of my anime over to the secondary hard drive to make room for a game or 2. I'm gonna play Battlefield 2 for the first time in months. Boy I bet I ain't as good as I used to be. I think I was usually a sniper or anti-tank. Yeah Anti-tank the most. Racked up quite a few points on unsuspecting APC's and trucks back in the day.

*Just found out they are changin the name for the US release. It's called When they Cry over here. The Japanese name, however, translates to When the Higurashi Cry. Higurashi is a type of Cicada that is found in Japan that you can usually hear in summer. They "cry" is supposedly sad sounding.

Edited by Honda_Boy
I had a dream last evening about splitting some "hosta" plants. This is based on reality. I need to thin some of the bushy plants and plant a new row behind the garage. It must be weighing on me subconsciously.

My dream is now a reality. I got my hosta moved and some grass seed planted. One less thing to weigh on my conscience. Now I need to get the vegetable garden planted.