Cyclic Redundancy Check While Trying To Transfer Files From Dvd

My wanted some of my fansubbed anime so I burned them to a DVD with DivX and the Combined Community Codec Pack on it too. Well she isn't exactly a computer genius so I had to help her with the installation and transfer. It seems that the CCCP installed fine and we never attempted to install DivX since the CCCP comes with Zoom Player. I tried to transfer the video files and they fail every time saying that there is a Cyclic Redundancy Error. I ran the Power Max or whatever it's called from Maxtor to check if the hard drive is bad. It says it's fine so I try the disc in 2 of my computers and the files transfered fine in both.

So is the problem the Hard drive or the DVD drive? I'm stumped. I can't get these files to transfer. She's also a tad PO'ed cause she really wants to see this series.

*Note what I am doing is legal. This material is not licensed in the United States yet.

that's what I figured. I thought it was a bad disc at first but it worked fine on my laptop and desktop but not her laptop. Then I thought possibly bad HDD cause the last time I saw that error was when my hard drive went bad a few months ago. Well It passed all the tests and showed no signs of failing so I thought maybe DVD drive. So you think so too. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to help her buy and install a new drive. (Dern crappy Dell laptops. She got hers new and it's fallin apart and I bought an HP used off eBay that is runnin so solidly that I can't believe it's an HP)

It was the drive I swapped the drives between the laptops, and the HP drive worked fine in the Dell and the Dell drive failed in the HP. Good thing her laptop is under warranty so she can get a free drive.