Happy Patriots' Day April 19th

Today , April 19th is Patriots' day ; the anniversary of the day in 1775 when the colonists tired of search without warrants and seizure of property without due process by the British troops protecting them from "rabble" who opposed taxation policies .

So on this date , they made a stand at Lexington Commons and later at the Concord Bridge; thus effectively launching the American revolution.

Of course, I think that looking at the actions of the current administration in their "war on terror" I think my ancestors would say that we just traded one King George for another.

Today , April 19th is Patriots' day ; the anniversary of the day in 1775 when the colonists tired of search without warrants and seizure of property without due process by the British troops protecting them from "rabble" who opposed taxation policies .

So on this date , they made a stand at Lexington Commons and later at the Concord Bridge; thus effectively launching the American revolution.

Of course, I think that looking at the actions of the current administration in their "war on terror" I think my ancestors would say that we just traded one King George for another.

Remember when "patriot" used to have a POSITIVE connotation?

That's certainly not the case anymore. i.e patriot act. More like idiot act.

Yep, one of the great ideas they had was to have separate legislative, judicial , and executive branches; each to be restricted as to what it does.

Now we have the executive branch legislating by decree, the judicial branch executing and legislation by implementation, and the legislative branch just trying to be yes guys .

The constitution is a beautiful and sound document when followed; unfortunately we have an executive branch which seems to think that it does not apply to them and use that as justification to manipulate the judicial branch , and a legislative branch worried more about their own political careers than about the good of the nation.

It would be nice if it were returned to the way it was designed, but that is unlikely ; far to much of the populace is ignorant of the foundation of this nation and do not care about the design.

I have to agree with Joe; to many good words have become distasteful due to their abuse by those who aim only at deceiving the public .