Hey everyone,

I'm very very excited to announce that I just got my first car! (well, I pick it up on Thursday!). It's a VW Jetta Wolfsburg. It has basically everything - Alloy Wheels, Heated Seats, Sun roof, Leather interior, iPod add-on, 6 airbags, tons of safety features, Awesome stereo, and a ton of other stuff!

It's black with a tan leather interior and it's gorgeous. Here's a picture of one (just a stock photo)

2007.volkswagen.jetta.20113193-E.jpg

It looks 100x better in black and in person :D

So with that said... what was your first car?

B

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I'm very very excited to announce that I just got my first car! (well, I pick it up on Thursday!). It's a VW Jetta Wolfsburg. It has basically everything - Alloy Wheels, Heated Seats, Sun roof, Leather interior, iPod add-on, 6 airbags, tons of safety features, Awesome stereo, and a ton of other stuff!

It's black with a tan leather interior and it's gorgeous. Here's a picture of one (just a stock photo)

2007.volkswagen.jetta.20113193-E.jpg

It looks 100x better in black and in person :D

B

That's nice!

My first was a VW Karmann Ghia that I bought from a guy I worked with in 1972 for $400. It lasted 2 weeks and then the engine blew.

Yours looks a lot better. :thumbsup:

Edited by irregularjoe

Lucky you, Jeff! Brand new car I take it?

My first car was an ugly 1968 Buick Skylark which I bought for $250 around 1975ish. My Dad found it, his mechanic was selling it. I hated that car. It was completely undependable--probably why the mechanic was willing to sell it so he could finance a few vacations on ME!

My favorite car was my Cavalier Station Wagon. It practically drove itself. And being a wagon, I could haul stuff!

Liz

Edited by blim

Sweet wheels! Be careful on the streets. Hope you get good use out of it. And remember, the chipmunks are pedestrians too!

I wish I had one...[*sniff*]... but the city bus will be my limousine for the next couple of years. Paying international tuition fees doesn't leave much for even a used car!

From the time I was 12 my dad would let me drive his old Chrysler Reliant down the desolate highways on the islands. 100mph was easy 90% of the time. He's quite protective of his company's 2003 Nissan Sentra, which I get to take for a spin (without him in the passenger seat!) once in a while if I beg and plead! I was licensed last year and now that I'm 20 I've only had ~5 "licensed driving hours", and that includes the driving test! Can you believe that!? But then again, driving back home is a whole different rat race altogether.

Whoops! I think I drifted away into nostalgia for a moment there! Time to get back to reality.

Have fun with your new car and remember, "driving is a privilege, not a right"...[*ack*]... Did I just say that?!

I found a pic of the Jetta in black. Very shiny and professional-looking!

lg_Jetta(2).jpg

Edited by Falcon1986

Great looking car, Jeff!!!! Very nice man! My first car was a "piece of s###" Datsun 510, back in the late 70s when I was going to university. It was pretty good except for the rust, lol:-)

A 1977 cougar wagon. I payed $200 for it. It got me around for about a year and a half with next to no repair work.

by the way, you got yourself a beautiful car :-)

Nice car Jeff!!! Very nice.....good gas mileage and nice ride.... :thumbsup:

My first car?? :unsure: Ummm.....it was a 71 Dodge Demon...318 motor...dual exhaust...cyclone headers..wide tires/back and small front tires...chrome mags...and an 8 track stereo that liked to eat tapes... <_<

A 1977 cougar wagon. I payed $200 for it. It got me around for about a year and a half with next to no repair work.

A Cougar wagon? Mercury? I don't think I've ever seen one of those. Interesting

Mark

Way to make me feel bad about my 3rd car. :P

My first car was a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird Fasthatch base model with alloy wheels, 3-spd Automatic transmission, power steering, and A/C. A/C didn't work, alloys looked like crap, and the transmission was the most retarded auto tranny I've ever seen. Got it from my granddad for free. Broke down after 4 months.

Next I had my beloved 95 Civic EX Coupe next. Power every thing, Moonroof, and a 5-spd manual. I later added alloys. Bought it from my brother. Wrecked it after 2 years.

Current POS. 96 Civic CX hatch. Power nothing, B16 engine swap, close ratio 5-spd sport manual transmission, no rear windshield wiper (had to get a DX hatch to have one), added alloys, new intake, springs, racing clutch, already had lightweight flywheel, and few other things (170Hp with maybe 150-155 gettin to the wheels of a 2200lb car). Still alive and strong just lookin like crap. Bought it from the bass player of the band Paramore, well actually his dad.

You get a new car with everything imaginable. Cool. Wish I had some cash for a nicer car or to fix my current pile up.

Great Ride man :thumbsup: Is it auto or manual?

A Cougar wagon? Mercury? I don't think I've ever seen one of those. Interesting

Mark

yup, this is the only picture I could find

77cougaree.jpg

Ha.........brings back lots of memories.

My very first car was a 1958 Plymouth Fury.

Big tail fins and everything. I bought it for $25 and

I had to put a muffler on it and it needed a new

battery.

It had a push button transmission and it didn't

have a "park" -- you put it in neutral and set

the parking brake.

What fun!!!

Enjoy your new car..........it looks like a real nice one!!!

jim

Oh WOW, Jeff. I bet you are so excited you can hardly wait. Nice car. Enjoy, drive carefully, wear your seatbelt.

Let's see, I remember my first car was a 1940 Ford Coupe. Could hardly reach the gas pedal. I had to put a pillow behind me. The seats were "One size fits all" NOT.

Was so excited, gathered my friends and we drove to New York from Massachusetts to get a hot dog, and on the way back picked up 2 Army solders that were hitch hiking. They were so grateful for the ride. I think they had only a weekend pass. Can you imagine doing that today? I would probably get my car hijacked, and all of us posssibly killed. It was a lot safer then. When you are only 17, no fear.

Enjoy your new wheels. :thumbsup:

Barb :D

'61(?) Chevy Nomad Wagon...

then: '62 Buick Skylark, '73(?) Dodge Duster, '77(?) Ford Mustang II (not Mach I), '64½ Ford Mustang, Chevy Chevette (traded it for my first computer (Franklin Ace 1000: an Apple II clone), '85 Mercury Topaz (company car), Honda Civic, Geo Metro, Buick something or other that was left to me from my Dad's estate that drove long enough to get me back to Cali from Carson, Washington before it died as well, (2) Dodge vans that were my wife's (both suffered terrible demise(s)), '98(?) Plymouth Van.

Currently driving an ailing 10 year old Toyota Tercel (now w/ 180K miles on it) after my daughter and son-in-law had put 160K hard miles on it prior to selling it to my wife and I.

I've been cursed with bad luck w/ cars pretty much my entire driving life (with the exception of my Duster and the company car I had)... mostly due to hard miles and not being able to keep up w/ car repairs.

Good Luck Jeff !