Easter Dinner Menu Report

Sauteed crimini mushrooms with garlic and herbs de provence and marsala wine.

I used the outdoor grill to make Fennel Roasted Vegatables (carrots, red onion, fennel, garlic,zucchini all marinated in a dry fennel, coriander, and white peppercorn rub)

For the entree I made two Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Cornish Game Hens and an au jus dressing from the pan drippings and a little sweet late harvest moscoto.

Dessert was Lemon Sorbet with fresh rasberries

And naturally I poured myself a lovely snifter of fine Grappa.

My sweetie passed out about 1 AM so I was stuck cleaning up the mess.

All done now though. I hate to wake up to a mess!

I still have one more load of dishes to unload from the d/w,

So what did you all do?

Chez Jose

Edited by irregularjoe

Will you marry me, Joe?

We had......chili! :D Actually had a nice evening dinner planned (cause both kids had to work early) but Daughter had to go back to school early and Son's Girlfriend's Sister had a BABY yesterday! Girlfriend's Mom's afternoon spread got pushed to suppertime and he ate dinner there.

Soooo, we'll have our big dinner NEXT Sunday, provided there are no more kinks!

Son was in his glory, though....between the leftover meatloaf and stew from Friday and Saturday's dinner I sent back to school with him, and the leftovers from Rose's big dinner (she was expecting two more adults, the new parents, so she had way too much food), he called saying,

"We have so much home cooked food! We can eat like kings for a week! No pot pies!"

Ahh, he is a happy boy.

By the way, girl, 7#12oz, not hairy but not bald, and best of all, healthy!

Liz

Edited by blim

Good fare Chez Jose !

We dined al fresco (... got bit by a skeeter, but no yellow jackets about yet): Baked ham, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, cauliflower, stuffing, bread rolls, Château Moo 2% v. 4/2007 ........... and later a yogurt, and still later: raspberry gelatin w/ fruit cocktail (in suspension) avec Château Moo 2% v. 4/2007

sounds delicious Joe

Baked ham

potato salad

salad (iceberg lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomato, hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, ranch dressing and shredded mixed cheese)

cherry pie

apple pie

ice cream

Good fare Chez Jose !

We dined al fresco (... got bit by a skeeter, but no yellow jackets about yet): Baked ham, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, cauliflower, stuffing, bread rolls, Château Moo 2% v. 4/2007 ........... and later a yogurt, and still later: raspberry gelatin w/ fruit cocktail (in suspension) avec Château Moo 2% v. 4/2007

"Château Moo 2% v. 4/2007"

:lol::lol::lol:

That's great Bobby. I have to remember that one.

Reminds me of a TV show from the 50's? . Officer Joe Bolton. He used to tell the viewing audience (kids) to "remember to have a big glass of Cow Juice".

Will you marry me, Joe?

We had......chili! :D Actually had a nice evening dinner planned (cause both kids had to work early) but Daughter had to go back to school early and Son's Girlfriend's Sister had a BABY yesterday! Girlfriend's Mom's afternoon spread got pushed to suppertime and he ate dinner there.

Soooo, we'll have our big dinner NEXT Sunday, provided there are no more kinks!

Son was in his glory, though....between the leftover meatloaf and stew from Friday and Saturday's dinner I sent back to school with him, and the leftovers from Rose's big dinner (she was expecting two more adults, the new parents, so she had way too much food), he called saying,

"We have so much home cooked food! We can eat like kings for a week! No pot pies!"

Ahh, he is a happy boy.

By the way, girl, 7#12oz, not hairy but not bald, and best of all, healthy!

Liz

:D