Is It Spring Break Yet?

I finally have a moment to relax for a short while. Things have been hectic for the past few weeks. I graduated to the Junior class at GeekU, cleaned my property of downed trees caused by the last couple seasons of winter storms, repaired several computers and prepared my trucks for the upcoming work season. Now all I have to do is study and complete all of the new exercises at GeekU, build one new computer for a client and upgrade my computer before I go back to work. Spring cleaning time is here.

Spring break? It's snowing here, jeesch! Yeah, we have a pile of branches down this year too. I see a mess, but SB sees trellis material for his flowering vines. We have little baby plants all over the house.

Oh and our computers are both getting an overhaul. We bought a 250gig to put into a file server for both of us. That arrived yesterday so SB began the process of transfering all our pics and music. RuhRo.... Half of his music on the 60gig was corrupted. It's now packed up for warrenty replacement. The plan was for him to take my 30, I get his 60 and the 250 for storage. So, soon we'll have two new HDs in the house and a nice server for our "stuff" and regular back ups. I can't wait to tear mine down and give it a good cleaning. I'm betting it's a mess inside.

We also need to get some work done our van. Lower ball joints, brakes and a tune up. TT, I thought I saved that site you linked me to. When I was bitchin about finding the sparkplugs? Could you post it again? '94 GMC Safari.

I finally have a moment to relax for a short while. Things have been hectic for the past few weeks. I graduated to the Junior class at GeekU, cleaned my property of downed trees caused by the last couple seasons of winter storms, repaired several computers and prepared my trucks for the upcoming work season. Now all I have to do is study and complete all of the new exercises at GeekU, build one new computer for a client and upgrade my computer before I go back to work. Spring cleaning time is here.

Umm ... I fixed the toilet. Cut it out, you're making me look bad!

In Texas too Spring has Sprung.

The grass is green and growing fast. Last weekend I had to mow the back and it had grown to a foot in under ten days . Of course the back has six automated fertilizer spreaders (dogs) so it really grows fast. But the front is doing fine too . St augustine and bermuda both taking over from the winter rye.

Dafffodills etc are long past, everyone is planting the late season flowers.

I moved the house plants out some time ago, it was in the eighties yesterday, but a cold front dropped it into the fifties this morning.

Looking forward to an Easter Barbeque , first brisket of the season on Sunday; probably have the grandkids over for the weekend so friday will be burgers and hot dogs and saturday will be something like Bratwurst and smoked sausage. But the grill isn't really open for the season until you slow cook your first brisket of the season.

Smoked some pork shoulder last Sunday. Could'nt pass it up it was so nice. As far as computers go, I have 2 at my desk in different states of undress. Hey Terrorist, did you ever get your plate tamper back?

Mark

Answers.com bought FAQFarm.

Here's the link for the GM/GMC section: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/FAQ/514

The weather has turned chilly with rain. We're supposed to get lake effect snow this weekend. Normal for here. At least my major outdoor projects are done. I do need to change the oil in the mowers. NewEgg is supposed to send my parts out ASAP seeing as I paid for a rush order. That was a fast spent $600 for parts. At least I can keep busy this weekend working on the computers.

The plate tamper is back home. They were happy to return once I paid them a visit. Of course the couple of gorillas I had with me may have swayed them.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

My children have the week off of school for spring break, they and their friends are driving me crazy. I need my quiet time during the day. I am already dreading summer(I got a taste this week). Insanity: Loud kids X 18hous/per day X 7 days/per week X 12 weeks. My attitude sucks.

Edited by shanenin
Lets see, were their names Guedo and Bubba? Thanx for the link, my friend. It's 28 and snowing... Blah! No grilling this week. Have fun with the new computer...

I refer to the two of them as fatboy (270 lbs. of muscle with a gut) and cro (short for his Indian heritage).

Spring break, the little grade/middle/high school brats are all on a 2 week spring break right now. I had my 1 week college spring break at the beginning of march. Their fall break was also 2 weeks. Mine was 2 days. HA, but my Christmas Break was a whole month. Summer break for me is right around the corner though. I get out in the first of may while the brats get out the end of may. I also have a much longer summer break. I love college but I hate economics. Don't tell my parents this, but I just failed my most recent test. It was hard for me. I really should have dropped the class but it is too late now. Teach says it's the hardest test though. He also said that the final is much easier and if you make a 94, regardless of previous grades, you get an A in the class.

Ouch, you actually upped the shipping on Newegg. I've always heard it takes longer if you do that. I always leave it on the lowest shipping option and always get my stuff in 2-3 days. I order crap on Monday it's usually here on Wednesday. You have to take into account though that one of their warehouses is in Memphis which is only like 3 hours from here on regular car trip.

I'm waitin for my B-Day though so I can get my JDM foglights for my car.

I didn't opt for the faster shipping. I checked the $2.99 fee for quicker processing. It means if my order was received and payment was verifed by my bank before noon PST the order would ship today. All went well and it's on it's way.

It's beginning to look a lot like X-Mas. Three inches of fresh new snow with more to follow.

Every item shipped yesterday. The Sparkle power supplies are coming from California. The memory for my computer is coming from Memphis and the rest from Edison, NJ. UPS has a terminal at the airport 30 miles away plus a warehouse. Now we'll see just how fast the big brown truck is. :D

It's beginning to look a lot like X-Mas. Three inches of fresh new snow with more to follow.

Every item shipped yesterday. The Sparkle power supplies are coming from California. The memory for my computer is coming from Memphis and the rest from Edison, NJ. UPS has a terminal at the airport 30 miles away plus a warehouse. Now we'll see just how fast the big brown truck is. :D

It might take awhile,it's not snowing in California

UPS on break

Mark