I Finally Did It

I put in my 2 week notice at work. I got sick and fed up with the BS I had been puttin up with. Never received 2 or 3 promised raises, worked well past what I was paid for (they owe me like $500 or more that I'll never see unless I take legal action), and there is one girl there that I absolutely despise and is a major source of a ton of my trouble there.

More than likely I'll be working at Blockbuster with my friend making more money, getting better hours, and doin practically nothing during the week. The place only gets busy on Friday or Saturday and even then they don't get a great deal cause Hollywood Video is killin them plus Silver Screen has a highly loyal customer base (that's where I go on the extremely rare occasion I do rent a movie). They are in dire need of employees right now plus my friend which is actually a decent rank in the joint is helping me get a job there.

As a back up, there are plenty of auto part stores and there is a place another friend of mine works that I'll use as a last resort.

I have nothing against my manager. He's cool. I've hung out with him outside work. He's done a lot of things for me and I've done stuff for him but everything else has driven me over the edge.

I finally did it.

More money, better hours and less demanding work. You say they're looking for more help? :blush:

Though I have to admit that being a car nut you might want to consider the parts stores. Networking and discounts would be useful.

Many places have a discount for employees......

M

I usually get the employee discount at O'Reilly's if I get Dave or Eric to ring me up. I also get the discount at NAPA when certain people recognize me as being my brother's younger brother. My brother has worked at both those particular locations and he's even worked at 2 different Advance Auto Parts back in the day. He's in the parts Department at the Mercedes Benz dealer right now (he is loaded. He does almost as good as my dad, my bro being 25 and my dad being 54 and working at the same place for 20 years or so).

Tomorrow I'm gonna talk to my friend and see if he got me an interview. Ahhh, 17th should be my last day. Even if I didn't have a job in it's place soon, I'm just glad to get the hell out of there.