Hey guys, how do i correctly enter the following address into a mapping program? (im using MS Street and Trips)

Rural Route xxx, Box/House xxx, City, ST

I cnat seem to get MS S&T to find it.

Thank Yall

Edited by Bubba Bob
Don't know about MS S&T but I do know Delorme Topo, some online maps are horribly off. I use Topo and mapquest to get the "general" area of where I am looking.

My $00.02.

M

Yes, the physical locations are generally off. Usually they get my close though. The address im looking up is in a diff. state altogether and I cant even find this so called "Rural Route". In Texas they call em county roads or just "Route". This address is in Oklahoma... So im not too familar.

So, drop the numbers, how do I even enter the Road? Haha

Rural Route # is just for postman. The Box/house number with the street, town will get you there. Unless they only have a postoffice box at the post office. But the RR is the give away.

Try just that and let me know, I'm curious now.

Opps, reread that post. You say you have NO street/road name? Could the Rural Route number be a highway? Like we have M-40 or M-115?. So the addy

would be "box/house number>RR number/road name>city>state."

Edited by bozodog
Hey guys, how do i correctly enter the following address into a mapping program? (im using MS Street and Trips)

Rural Route xxx, Box/House xxx, City, ST

I cnat seem to get MS S&T to find it.

Thank Yall

Not sure what your doing but, I use Map Quest when looking any address up. MapQuest.com

Well duh. I wasn't thinkin. I remember I used to live on an FM road but my mailign address was a route number. Apparently the person that gave me the Route number wasnt thinking either. What do they have up in Oklahoma I wonder... County Roads?

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I would try using people search (name, address if you have it, or city if you have it with the rural route/post office designation from them, and state) on Switchboard. com, then once you get the right answer do a map search via clicking on the additional map link when you get the right results from your search.

I have other people/business search site links if you need them.

Pat

God bless everyone

Edited by thesidekickcat