Help Me Clean Up Hard Drive

hey, i want to clean up my harddrive & get some used up space back.i have a 30 gb hard drive & only 17.7gb of free space. i dont keep any pics or music or files other than what the system uses. when i bought the computer it had windows me installed,then i upgraded to xp home edition. then did a parallel install......i think i have deleted the ME install & the 1st install of xp home. so why so much used space??? any help how to get some of the used up space back ????? thanks ......STAY SAFE

& not that many programs have i downloaded or installed

hey, theres got to be a way to find & delete theprevious installs ??????

hey ten, yes cause i only have a 95 disk & the recovery disk that came with my computer,with ME installed. so i did an upgrade to xp home edition.then i had a lot of problemswith some things after the up grade, so i did a parallel install & now programs are working great. so what i was thinking was to delete the old systems (ME & the first install of xp home) so i will have more hard drive space...any help ???? thanks & STAY SAFE

ill have to check but dont think i have a code for the recovery disk (ME) and i deleted the first install of upgrade xp home,does that mean i deleted the partion ??? my computer is HP XG838 ...... was reading just a few minutes ago that i can clean install with a 95 disk. it was on paul thurrotts supersite. so maby ill give it a try this weekend.what you think ???? STAY SAFE FRIEND

ill have to check but dont think i have a code for the recovery disk (ME) and i deleted the first install of upgrade xp home,does that mean i deleted the partion ??? my computer is HP XG838 ...... was reading just a few minutes ago that i can clean install with a 95 disk. it was on paul thurrotts supersite. so maby ill give it a try this weekend.what you think ???? STAY SAFE FRIEND

If I were you and all else falls, I would just use the 95 cd, format your drive, install 95, then as soon as it is installed, install xp. If you do that then you should be alright, and have pretty much a clean slate.

thanks guys, so do i clean install . is that the same as formatting hard drive . please give me the steps to follow so i dont screw it up.rem im just learning this stuff. ......STAY SAFE

THANKSALL, NOW I WANT TO RECOVER THAT LOST DRIVE SPACE.....17GS FREE ------13GS USED--- show me how to recover even if i have to clean install. i tried to run kildisk but couldnt figure out how to run it ( not computer smart ) so give me easy directions to recover lost space //????? STAY SAFE