Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
arachnid40

Webhost Question

Hi all,

I have freewebs as my current host and they give me for $7.00 per month 200mb of web space and 1500mb of bandwidth.

I came across another

RbHost and they offer 2000mb web space and 20gb of transfer, I am thinking the term transfer and bandwidth are the same if not let me know.

So has anyone ever used or heard of this host?

Is their deal better than what freewebs offer?

I have noticed on dial up it can be a long task to bring up my wallpaper, would I get any kind of improvement with this host?

Thanks for any thoughts:-)

Michael

Well, it looks like a very awesome plan. Almost too good to be true. As for their reputation, I personally have never heard of them, so I can't vouch for them. I'd do it at your own risk, try to find some testimonials from customers of them, see if they like it or not.

And yes, transfer and bandwidth are the same thing.

-gimp

Thank you for your thoughts Gimpi, I have decided to try them out, Took me two hours to upload my web site to them but we shall see how it goes.

Michael

EDIT:

So far I am pleased with them, I had a little trouble figuring things out but got most of it worked out.

It seems to be faster with my DSL .

Kat says it seems fine on her Dial up, so I am hopeful I made a wise choice.

Michael

I use ipowerweb. It costs 7.95/Mo, and comes with 2000 Megs of memory, 80 GB transfer, mySQL, php, like 1000 email accounts....

http://ipowerweb.com/index2.html

So that is what I use. You can see my site at www.dknoppix.com. The site is under constuction...well actually getting an extreme makeover.

If any of you need help with setting up your forums, just PM or email me..

dk :)

I will need a host in the future please tell me how it is going.

Does it have a Mysql for boards like this?

It is great I like this host so far, and yes they support Mysql.

I thought I saw a post on besttechie about all the types of small link servers.

like yourname.cjb.net. The subdomains and with the ones that have short URLs

The list had about 15 domains and Im looking for it.

I probably can't find it so can you all help me out and post some of the domains that you think are good. They dont necissarily have to be a subdomain but they should be FrEe! :)

-The main thing Im looking for is alot of space (200mb is my definishion of a lot)

-A Free domain

-Short Url (But I will probably forward from an even shorter Url site.

-Uploads can be any size fitting in to their max size limit.

-You CAN upload .exe and such files, ANY file you want (legel ones :P )Something like cjb.net because It is good but... It only gives like 3-5megs of space :( So a larger version of Cjb would be wonderfull

So if any of you can help me out, please post!

Im on a 5kbps modem... And on a Mac :P Im not sure Apache would run on it, there are probably Mac Os X webservers but itd be really slow with my connection

And I also like kinda using the webspace it gives us as a file library...I know youd say send the file to yourself, but the other people can't access it

ty anyway dk

I found www.websamba.com, which gives you unlimited bandwith,30mb websamba.com/yourname Its the best I foudn but aren't there better much LARGER ones?