Strange Message During Shutdown

I get this message when I shut down my computer .... "lxcfcoms.exe-Dll Initialization failed .... The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down." :blink:

I have a Lexmark Z735 printer and a Nivda video card .... I have updated the drivers for both. Does anyone have any idea what this is about and how I stop it? :unsure:

It dosen't cause any problems that I am aware of, but I would like to correct the error. :wacko:

Thank you for your time. :thumbsup:

Dang ..... the problem is back .... I guess it was just that one shut down where it didn't appear ..... Lexmark's printer is great, but their software is something to be desired :rolleyes:

Back to the drawing board ..... any suggestions ... :wacko::blink::unsure:

:mellow:

If the printer is ON when you shut down , does the error not occur?

I suspect that it is similar to the one where on an all in one machine the computer is letting it know that the computer is shutting down and confirming that it has no scans pending or print jobs pending which could delay the shutdown and when it checks and does not get a response from the printer (which you turned off) it gives the error.

There should be a "status monitoring" program for the printer which you can disable too.

Experts--any chance that this message is coming up because it's living in System Restore? Perhaps the ol' "turn off System Restore/uninstall printer/reinstall printer/turn on System Restore trick" could get rid of the message??

**Spiritoo, do NOT go ahead and do this, I'm guessing here!!....wait for the experts advice!**

And do let them know whether the printer is on or off when you get this message :thumbsup:

Liz

Okay tried to do as you suggested, but W2K doesn't have a system retore .... so I could not disable it. I looked though the help files and found nothing on the subject.

Lexmark's tech support said I should go through the control panel to printer, then add new printer ..... go that route .... I did, but the problem remains .... I suspect Lexmark isn't going to be able to solve this problem .... one of those "kinks" in their software. :wacko:<_<:unsure::mellow:

Now that you mention it I see that you use Win2000 pro and no it does not have system restore so that can't be the problem.

All I can say is that it sounds either like crappy software or something else on your system is corrupting it (replacing a shared dll for example).

• 1 month later...
I get this message when I shut down my computer .... "lxcfcoms.exe-Dll Initialization failed .... The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down." :blink:

I have a Lexmark Z735 printer and a Nivda video card .... I have updated the drivers for both. Does anyone have any idea what this is about and how I stop it? :unsure:

It dosen't cause any problems that I am aware of, but I would like to correct the error. :wacko:

Thank you for your time. :thumbsup:

Yes Yes Yes.... or Perhaps No No No...

My lexmark Z735 Software Is Driving Me Crazy..

I Have Searched The Net..Gone To Lexmark Support Site, Left Them Messages. No Luck So Far.

I Have Updated My Original Support/Install Disk Drivers With Latest Download From lexmark. No Good, Same Problem When Shutting Down.

After Removal And Reinstall Of Drivers, Problem Whent Away. GReat... Couple Of Weeks Later Same Problem Again..

I Like this printer, it's pretty good value, and refills are easy to get hold of, but this shutdown error is doing my head in.

I Have Found A way to stop it happening, though it is a bit of a nusance if you are not actually intending to print a document, ie just using the pc.

Here Goes, If you are sitting comfortably I will explain.

Firstly Note: This Driver Has The Abillity To Switch Your Lexmark Z735 Power On/Off

This Is Where I belive The Problem Occurs.

My Soloution:

When Booting up the P.C Do Not Power On Your Printer.

Do Not.. Power On Your Printer When Using Your P.C even after it has booted up.

If You then want to print a document, just use the normal print command from the application, and the printer will power up and print out your document, this will initialise the driver properly and should then turn off your printer again when you shut down p.c without showing any error messages.

I hope this information is helpfull as it's the only soloution I have found so far.

If anyone has a better way, please let me know it would be very usefull.

Good luck to all you Lexmark owners. Try it out and see haow you get on.

P.S If anyone knows how to Reset the shown ink levels on this Printer Model Send Us A Reply.

Cheers. Richard :thumbsup: