Do you guys know how smitfraudfix works? Does it just have a built in group of files, clsids, or reg entries it looks for. Or does it have an algorithm that can determines if a file is bad?

I have noticed spysweeper fully updated will not get a lot of smitfraud infections but smitfraudfix does. You would think such a common infection would be able to be removed with spysweeper.

I wonder why a big company like spysweeper is not able to do as good of a job as they do with smitfraudfix. You think a large company could spend the money to pay peolple to research it full time.

Something I've also wondered. On one hand, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to invest too much time and resources into one particular infection. On the other hand, AVG-AS find and removes infections like Qoo. Another question could be legality. Smitfraudfix deals with the removal of rogue software. It could be possible that these companies don't want to be sued for "accusing potentially rival software of being malware" but who knows?