Trombone Players

A conductor became ill before a concert one evening and the orchestra had to find an emergency substitute conductor immediately. The only person in the orchestra with any conducting experience was the 2nd trombone player. He bravely and meticulously conducted the concert and it was a tremendous success.

The regular conductor had recovered by the next night and was back on the job. As the trombone player took his seat in the orchestra, the 1st trombone player turned to him and said,

"So, where were you last night?"

When I played, this would have applied more towards the percussion section than trombones :)

I'm sending this to my brother (former trombone player) and dad (retired music director). I think they'll both enjoy!

When I played, this would have applied more towards the percussion section than trombones :)

I'm sending this to my brother (former trombone player) and dad (retired music director). I think they'll both enjoy!

Someone care to explain...I was in band for all of 18 weeks.

As a Mother of a Percussionist:

Percussionists (especially those who only drum and refuse to learn to read music in order to play a Xylophone, keyboard, etc)

1. Are eccentric (they DO follow the beat of their own drum!)

2. Don't pay attention (which means "watch the conductor??, why?? The band should follow US, afterall, WE are in charge of the beat...")

3. Are the Goof-Offs of the Band...aww, heck, they're total goof-offs

....And Brass (trombones, etc) aren't too far behind the percussionists in these qualities!

But Percussionists and Brass make a band FUN! :thumbsup:

Sigh....my son's triple doomed--he's a drummer, a soccer player and a morris dancer....I never know what he's going to come up with....he keeps me on my toes, when I'm not laughing at him!

Liz

Well, my dad and brother took the joke differently. My dad took the joke as I did, in that no one ever pays attention to the conductor. My brother took the joke as no one pays attention to the trombone players, especially the second chair trombone player.

Well, my dad and brother took the joke differently. My dad took the joke as I did, in that no one ever pays attention to the conductor. My brother took the joke as no one pays attention to the trombone players, especially the second chair trombone player.

When you think about it, both make sense :rolleyes:

Mark

It's actually more like trombone players (or drummers, or your "favorite" section)

are always off in their own little world and don't pay attention to what's going

on around them.

Kind of an inside joke for musicians.

jim