Ok here's the deal, i have a toshiba protege 3500, im using windows xp tablet edition, i don't know how, it said my windows activation period had expired!!! When i accept to activate windows. I get a message windows is already activated!!! If i click th ok button it automatically logs me off!!

Cant reinstall windows cause it says my serial is not valid(the one that comes with the laptop), i also tried an upgrade to windows xpsp2, legal copy, and it gave me the same error!!

Any sort of help will be appreciated!!!

Thankx in advenced.

Hi vagrant00,

Your best bet at this point is to contact Microsoft and tell them what's going on and most likely they'll give you an activation code for your machine. I've done it in the past and they had no problem helping me reactivate my machine. B)

B

Thank you, Barb! Of course, being a female, finding telephone numbers is easier for us :D Now, deciphering the MS/Honduras Site was a little challenging, its been many years since I took Spanish.

Now, hoping Vagrant called MS and got the fix! (No news is good news, right? :thumbsup: )

Liz

Edited by blim
Thank you, Barb! Of course, being a female, finding telephone numbers is easier for us :D Now, deciphering the MS/Honduras Site was a little challenging, its been many years since I took Spanish.

Now, hoping Vagrant called MS and got the fix! (No news is good news, right? :thumbsup: )

Liz

The old saying, "If all else fails, look it up" :lol:

Barb