Dual Core Processors - Vista Tweak

Here is a tweak setting for Dual Core Processors I ran across.

For those with multi-CPU core systems.

Open Start->Run->msconfig. Oh, you will not have a "Run" option from the "Start" menu, unless you switch to Windows classic view. Aero and the standard Vista GUI do not have "Run" as an option. However, you can still reach the "Run" menu option by pressing the "Windows key + R" on the keyboard. (There is an easy way to put "Run" onto your start menu).

In msconfig, select the "Boot" tab. Press the "Advanced" options button. Check the "Number of processors" option and select the count from the dropdown list. By default, Vista will only use one CPU to boot. It does help speed the boot process if you have a muti-core system and enable them here.

Seems to make a difference on my system.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I had to open this topic to make a small change to this.

The "Run" option is still available on the Start menu in Vista while using the Aero theme. You don't have to run the Classic Style to have the Run box on the start menu. It's still available by right clicking an open part of the taskbar, or the Start Orb, select Properties, click Start Menu tab, check the "Start Menu" box and then click the Customize button, and it's available in the list for you to choose.

Sorry JSKY, but I had to add that for our Vista users!