$250 plus 140 I made selling the doors off my old car (actually got $175 but I bought some food for me and some friends). I went to Cool Springs (Big shopping "town" in Tennessee) and went to Best Buy and Suncoast while I was there.

I spent nearly $400 total on DVD's. $35 of it for my friend cause I'm just cool like that. My parents would kill me if they found out I just spent that much......on DVD's. Ah well it's my money and they know I'm bout half retarded anyway. I mean I'm THEIR son after all. Where do you think I get it from.

I just have this thing where if I find myself with money, I have to spend it. I will however save my next few paychecks so I can gather some funds again. I still have $350 in Savings and $200 in checking so I ain't doin too bad. That's bout what I had before the Tax return and the door sale. I still have nearly a $1000 worth of parts on my old car to sell so I am good to go.

Took my state refund and turned it over to the feds.

I had enough left over to take my wife out for

dinner.....a nice one but not a fancy one.

Oh well, I didn't end up having to pay in to both

like some years.

Bah! I never get much to speak of. It always dissapears into the ethernet of spare change spending. Antacids help for the gut ache I get doing the darn paperwork. Flattaxflattaxflattaxflattax.............

Oh to be young and single again. I could SUGGEST to my dear wife that it would be benificial that I replace my CRT with a 22" flatscreen monitor and replace my trashed CD burner with a DVD one, but all I get is a blank stare. Then she mentions something about unpaid bills and grandkids on the way

"SIGH"

Mark

Must be nice, guys. Got $7.1K back from the Fed, BUT owe the State $9.3K. Enjoy the Cds and guages....

are you a business owner?

I worked for Xerox for 32 years, retired and then opened up a service business with 20 employees to do work for them. About 4 years ago Xerox bought out my business and I retired again. My wife still works and is a Regional Service Manager for Sun Microsystems here in the LA area. :thumbsup:

I managed to spend all that on DVD's cause there were a total of I think 24 discs in all. Of course 20 of those discs were part of box sets (2 of the same series Volume 1 and 2 entire series 49 episodes = 10 discs, Complete first season of another series 18 episodes = 4 discs, Another series Complete at 24 episodes = 6 discs) and the other 4 were individuals (3 were of the same series, different volumes, the other was the final disc in another series that just came out, I actually went there for this one and wound up with all the rest, had to make that 45 minute drive worth something). I Also bought a box set for my friend that was with me (3 movies to a previously mentioned series) and he owes me $35 next week.

Wow I own a many $$$ worth of DVD's. I already had about $200 worth that was a total of 10 discs (1 boxset 13 eps = 3 discs, 7 individuals, 5 of which are from the same series, the one DVD I went to get was the final disc in this series)

Yeah, that's why I'm poor but oh well. Spend money on what you enjoy once you paid the bills and that's what I do. I like to have fun and this is one of my ways of having fun. Now, I need to save up some more so I can have some more fun. My hatchback needs a little love so I think a new oil pan and a strut bar/brace for the front and rear will do. Hatchbacks tend to have bad body roll. They weigh less though so they are great for drag. It's getting braces though so it can corner too. I think that's why my car is so unstable at higher speeds. It ain't stiff enough. I got the suspension for cornering covered. I'll just jack the coil-overs out of my old car.

Fun fun.

I just wish I could have another little small surge of money come in again soon. I need to hurry up and sell some parts off my old car. My manager is gonna help me out by selling some of it through his eBay account. He's done a lot so people are more likely to buy from him than me with a new account.

Edited by Honda_Boy
$250 plus 140 I made selling the doors off my old car (actually got $175 but I bought some food for me and some friends). I went to Cool Springs (Big shopping "town" in Tennessee) and went to Best Buy and Suncoast while I was there.

I spent nearly $400 total on DVD's. $35 of it for my friend cause I'm just cool like that. My parents would kill me if they found out I just spent that much......on DVD's. Ah well it's my money and they know I'm bout half retarded anyway. I mean I'm THEIR son after all. Where do you think I get it from.

I just have this thing where if I find myself with money, I have to spend it. I will however save my next few paychecks so I can gather some funds again. I still have $350 in Savings and $200 in checking so I ain't doin too bad. That's bout what I had before the Tax return and the door sale. I still have nearly a $1000 worth of parts on my old car to sell so I am good to go.

Didn't get one. It went to Iraq.

Refund?? Whats THAT??

I don't file taxes because of SSI - I have not had a refund since early 2000-2001. Last time I had a refund, I bought a new TV and this is while I was working and could afford to spend $353.00 on my TV :)

Brian

Must be nice, guys. Got $7.1K back from the Fed, BUT owe the State $9.3K. Enjoy the Cds and guages....

I worked for Xerox for 32 years, retired and then opened up a service business with 20 employees to do work for them. About 4 years ago Xerox bought out my business and I retired again. My wife still works and is a Regional Service Manager for Sun Microsystems here in the LA area. :thumbsup:

Good for you :-)

Maybe someday I will have 20 employees(more headaches)

Good for you :-)

Maybe someday I will have 20 employees(more headaches)

20 employees can be a big headache but you have to remember that they are there because of the revenus stream that you have that requires that many. And, you get to a point where the profits far outway the personnel issues.

As to income tax money, which we got about $5000. Since we are poor with three kids the government gives us a huge reward(got to like those democrats). We went out to a nice dinner, then put the rest into savings.

... we got about $5000. ...

I don't get this (yes, I've heard the reasons, but I just don't "get" it). Why, oh why, would you voluntarily pay nearly $100 a week YOU DON'T OWE THEM. Couldn't you USE an extra $100 each and every week of the year? All you have to do to get it is modify your W4 and bam! An extra $100 shows up in your paycheck.

If you enjoy "saving" money fill out another form and have that $100 automatically deposited into a savings account (which you will have access to in emergencies). Same results, but you actually get PAID even MORE money in interest (not much these days, I admit).

Complaining about taxes is one of the great American pasttimes, yet so many people pay MORE than they have to, just to get it back, without interest, at a later date. I don't get it. :wacko:

Plus, if everyone did this the economy would be able to grow due to a much higher savings rate, instead of uselessly bloating government coffers.

Eh, I've never been able to convince even one person to change this unsound habit ... nevermind. :blush:

I've been on your side for many years. You're correct, why let the g'ment sit on YOUR money for a year interest free? Another good suggestion would be to put 50% in an IRA and 50% into savings. You gain interest and half that money goes taxfree to retirement.